Best Yang Chow Recipe
A Chinese rice dish that mainly consists of day-old rice and mixed with pork, green peas, and sausage. A perfect dish to complete your breakfast.
Servings 4 people
- 4 cups Cooked rice for best result use day-old rice
- 1 cup Barbecue pork cooked and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1/2 cup Shrimp shelled and cooked
- 2 pcs Eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Young onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed into pieces
- 1 thumb Ginger crushed into pieces
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
Heat oil in a pan, saute garlic until golden brown, add ginger. Mix then pour the beaten egg into the pan, make a quick stir, so it won't form a whole egg.
Toss in shrimp, then mix it well again.
Now add the cooked rice. Season it with soy sauce, salt, sugar, and barbecue pork. Mix it again for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, add green peas and young onion. Now give the ingredients a stir fry and mix well.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 670mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 139IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg