- 2 lbs Ground beef 85% lean
- ½ cup Raisins
- ½ cup Green peas
- 1 pc White onion big size
- ½ cup Beef broth
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 cup Unsalted butter cut into 8 parts
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ cup Cold water
- 3 cups Oil
- Make the filing by heating 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion and then add the ground black pepper.
- Put-in the beef and then cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the raisins, paprika, sugar, and salt. Stir and then pour-in the beef broth.
- Cover and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and let the liquid evaporate.
- Add the green peas.Stir and then cook for 2 minutes
- Turn-off the heat. Set aside.
- Prepare the dough by placing the salt, flour, baking powder, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Use a wire whisk to mix the ingredients.
- Put the butter pieces in the mixing bowl along with the cold water. Mix using a pastry blender. If you don't have one, use 2 kitchen knives instead. You should mix like you are cutting the dough in several pieces.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of the mixture and then shape it into a ball. Do this until all the dough is consumed.
- Refrigerate the dough balls for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Flatten the dough ball by gently pressing the center with your hand against a clean flour-dusted flat surface. Use a rolling pin to spread the dough and make a flat circle about 4 to 5 inches in diameter.
- Arrange about 4 to 5 tablespoons of filling in the middle of the dough. Lock the edges by folding or by pressing the tip of a fork in both sides.
- Meanwhile, heat about 2 to 3 cups of oil in a cooking pot. Deep fry the empanadas for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the color turns golden brown.
- Remove from the cooking pot and then arrange in a plate lined with paper towels. Let the excess oil drip-off.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 1642kcal | Carbohydrates: 101g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 115g | Saturated Fat: 49g | Cholesterol: 283mg | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 936mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1698IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 10mg