Best Fresh Lumpia Recipe
A Filipino vegetable dish partnered with a sweet sauce that is made of vegetable broth and shrimp stock. This is usually served during snack or appetizer.
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 kg Pork meat ground
- 1/2 kg Jicama cut into strips
- 1 pc Carrot cut into strips
- 1/2 kg Chayote cut into strips
- 1/2 kg Potatoes cut into strips
- 1/2 kg Sweet potato cut into strips
- 1/4 kg Baguio beans cut into strips
- 1/2 kg Cabbage cut into strips
- 1 pc Onion cut into strips
- 1 head Garlic crushed into pieces
- 10 pcs Lettuce
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups Shrimp stock
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Peanut fried and crushed
For The Lumpia Filling
- Heat oil in a large skillet, saute half of the crushed garlic until golden brown.
- Add onion and saute until softened, and then add the ground pork and mix for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, pour in water and season with 1 tsp salt, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- If it's already boiling toss in the jicama (singkamas), cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir and add potatoes, carrots, and chayote. Cover, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, toss in the cabbage, Baguio beans, and sweet potato on top. Boil for 5 minutes.
- When sweet potato turned yellowish already, pour the liquid into a bowl using a large strainer. Set aside the liquid and the lumpia mixture.
For The Sauce
- In a pot, combine shrimp stock, liquid sauce from the lumpia filling, salt, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Cook over low heat until the sauce thickened.
- Lay a piece of wrapper flat on a large plate. Put a lettuce leaf in the middle of the wrapper.
- Now add 2 tbsp of lumpia mixture on top of the lettuce leaf.
- Secure the filling by folding the lower part of the wrapper upwards.
- Now pour the sauce on top of the fresh lumpia and sprinkle it with crushed peanut and crushed fried garlic.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 993kcal | Carbohydrates: 129g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1845mg | Potassium: 1783mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 67g | Vitamin A: 17924IU | Vitamin C: 95mg | Calcium: 341mg | Iron: 7mg