Table of Contents Hide
Best Meatball Subs Recipe
A sandwich that is a perfect treat for your visitors. This is not your typical hotdog in a bun, but a tastier version that is primarily made of ground pork and beef with tomato sauce.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- Baking tray
- ½ kg Pork ground
- ½ kg Beef ground
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 pc Egg
- ¼ cup Parsley minced
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pc Onion cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2 pcs Footlong bread
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and ground pork, and season it with parmessan cheese, mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Brush tray with oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Now make round meatball from the meat mixture about 1 ½ inches in diameter. Transfer the meatball onto a tray and make sure each meatball is at least 1 inch away from each other.
- When you're done making the meatballs, bake it for 25 minutes.
- Cook the sauce while waiting for the meatballs.
- In a pan, saute onion, for 3 minutes, then add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, ground black pepper, vinegar, garlic, and sugar. Stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Arranging the meatballs into a footlong bread
- When meatballs are cooked already remove it from the oven.
- Slice footlong bread in half then arrange the meatballs in the bread and sprinkle it with cheese on top. Bake it again for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- After 5 minutes, serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 922kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 66g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 1653mg | Potassium: 1039mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1024IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 441mg | Iron: 5mg