Filipinos are well known for having numerous counts of different cuisines all over their country. So, it's not surprising that each of those dishes has an excellent reputation inside and outside the Philippines. Pork is one of the primary ingredients in every course that they are cooking, aside from chicken, beef, and fish. However, we will introduce one of the fabulous recipes; The Best Pork Adobo Sa Gata.
Internationally, this course is one of the most popular cuisines worldwide when you hear the Philippines’ word. This meal has an excellent reputation in the market. On that note, did you know that in other countries, there is a fast-food chain that also uses this cuisine in their flavored rice? Yes, that is right. Jollibee is a famous Filipino fast-food chain that brings the Filipino touch to their every menu. Especially in their crispy chicken joy with chicken flavor gravy.
Moreover, as time goes by, many Filipinos come up with another idea to make this course more delicious and unique. That is when they use coconut milk as one of the primary ingredients in Adobo Sa Gata. As you know, they are resourceful and innovative when it comes to cuisines. That is why they also use products that you can easily find anywhere, like the coconut.
Furthermore, aside from having a massive amount of pig raising in the Philippines, they also have a high amount of coconut production. That is why they also produce various recipes out of their milk. And as for the record, the Philippines is one of the countries that exports coconut, like Indonesia. That is why no wonder that they use coconut milk to create a new version of our star dish.
On the other hand, if you want to know more about this course. Keep on navigating this article. In every section, we provide some critical details that can answer your questions about this course. We also offer some guidelines that you can use to make this delightful menu properly. Plus, we also give some troubleshooting for some instances that you may come across in the future.
So, join us as we give you the details about this recipe. Enjoy reading!
What is Pork Adobo in a Coconut Cream recipe?
You can also call this course Adobong Baboy Sa Gata. It is not the usual dish that you typically have on your dining table. It is the level up version that uses coconut to enhance its flavor and taste. By the use of coconut milk, it can give the smoothness that you don't have in your ordinary Adobo.
Initially, this course uses soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves, salt, and pepper as its ingredients to achieve the saltiness that you want in this dish. You can also use chicken to make Adobong Manok if you have no interest in pork. But for today, we want to focus on pork instead. But either of these two can provide a special savory effect that you want in your meal.
In making this course with coconut milk, cook your usual pork Adobo meal. Afterward, put the coconut milk to add smoother and tastier flavor and texture. The combination of the saltiness and the nutty flavor of these two can produce an excellent savory taste that can boost your appetite to keep you from eating more. There are times that some people also add ginger together with coconut milk. That way, you can eliminate the fishy smell of your meat ingredients. At the same time, it can also provide an additional flavor to your course.
On the other hand, you can also try it in other ingredients, not only in pork. You can use chicken, beef, and vegetables if you want. It can upgrade your expectations about the regular menu that you have had in many years. It can also give a unique dimension to your cuisine. Plus, you can share and serve it again on some occasions that you have. That is why cooking this kind of cuisine is worth trying.
Ways to Cook this Adobo Sa Gata na Baboy recipe
In preparing courses, there are some cases where having an additional method can help you more. That is why, in this section, we listed some of the ways that you can perform in cooking this cuisine. These methods can serve as your guide to have your ideal procedure. So, below, you can choose the perfect and available way that you have in your kitchen.
- Using Instant pot
It is the first method in preparing this menu. You can use this pot because it does not require so much attention while cooking. It is more convenient to use. Just put all the ingredients inside and set the time you need, then when the time stops, you can now serve your meal at your dining table.
- Using Slow Cooker
It is one of the methods that many individuals are using. Because they can achieve the savory taste of their meal more, the longer time preparing a meal in this pot can release most of your ingredients’ natural flavor, especially the meat. The slow process of cooking can help in preparing your meal more delicious than the usual cooking. That is why considering it is also an excellent option.
- Using Pressure Cooker in making the Best Pork Adobo sa Gata
When cooking your meat ingredients, you can consider a pressure cooker as your savior pot. It is because it can soften the meat you have the way you want it quickly. Most of the people who are using this pot are the individuals in the kitchen in many restaurants. This cook can provide outstanding service while cooking every meal that they need to serve their customers.
The pressure inside of this pot has an excellent contribution to make your meat more tender in less time than your regular cooker. That is why it is so convenient to use in your kitchen. Using this method, make our star dish, put all your ingredients inside it, and set your timer to 25 to 40 mins depending on the number of components you are preparing.
Troubleshooting for Pork Adobo with Coconut milk
You can't avoid some instances in the kitchen, especially if you are a beginner. That is why this section contains some remedies that may help you to resolve that matter. We listed below some of the treatments that we assure that can work better.
- Too Bland
Blandness taste of a meal can affect your interest in eating your dish. That is why it's better to adjust it while you can before you serve it. In that case, you can add Patis to add more saltiness and flavor into your mixture. You can also put in some more soy sauce. Salt is also the basic seasoning for it.
- Too salty
The salty mixture can ruin your appetite while eating your meal. This problem can cause so much trouble in your kitchen. That is why you need a quick solution for that. The better remedy is to add potatoes or other ingredients that can absorb the flavor of your mixture. Eggs also work well to lessen the salty taste of your course. You can also put some extra milk to counter the saltiness of your blends.
This section shows you the list of other information you can learn about each ingredient you can use to cook this pork recipe. This information can help you to understand more about the other side of the components that you have. It includes nutrients in each of them. These nutritional values have their contribution to making your body more healthy. That is why here are the following;
- Pork - aside from having a delightful taste, you can also use this meat in numerous courses. That is why many individuals are into cooking nowadays. Because of its availability in the market, it is easy to find and use as a primary ingredient. However, it also consists of nutrients that are more beneficial for your body.
Pork contains a lot of nutrients such as potassium, riboflavin, and zinc. It also has an excellent source of Vitamin B6, thiamin, phosphorus, and niacin. But again, aside from that, it also has an outstanding count of protein content. Still, it has a naturally low sodium content.
Hence, you need to eat this meat because it has various benefits that your body needs the most. It includes the following;
- Maintenance of muscle mass
- Improves exercise performances
- Help cells grow and function correctly.
- Coconut cream - Aside from the taste, this fruit can bring an excellent flavor that can activate your taste buds to eat more and more. Still, it also contains a lot of nutrients that can help you to have stable health. It includes the following;
In one cup of raw, canned milk, you can get the following nutritional value;
- Calories: 445
- Water: 164.71 grams
- Protein: 4.57 grams
- Fat: 48.21 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6.35 grams
- Calcium: 41 milligrams
- Potassium: 497 milligrams
- Magnesium: 104 milligrams
- Iron: 7.46 milligrams
- Vitamin C: 2.30 milligrams
In one cup of sweetened coconut milk, you can get the following;
- Calories: 74
- Water: 226.97 grams
- Protein: 0.50 grams
- Fat: 4.99 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7.01 grams
- Calcium: 451 milligrams
- Potassium: 46 milligrams
Furthermore, this coconut milk also has various benefits that you can have. It includes the following;
- It can boost your immune system.
- It can help in losing weight.
- It also has a substance that can reduce the cholesterol level of your body.
In making courses, some tips can help you to improve and enhance what you can in preparing your recipes. That is why you can also consider it as a useful advancement detail to make your meal more delightful. This section provides some essential information that can give a helpful idea during your cooking. It includes the following;
- Clean your meat correctly. If there is any blood in your meat ingredient, soak it in cold water to dissolve it completely.
- Add the coconut milk after you completely seasoned your mixture.
- You can use fish sauce to make it more flavorful.
- Add chilies if you want to put an extra kick to your meal.
- You can also put some potatoes in to add more texture and thicken your mixture.
- Use fresh ingredients to make your mixture more tasty and flavorful.
Excellent Served With
Pairing this cuisine into other courses can bring more delightful savory and chemistry. That is why trying this different combo is an outstanding combo on your dining table. These recipes work well with each other that is why considering it in your menu is an extraordinary deal that you can have. In this section, we listed some of the courses that can complement the taste of this menu. It includes the following;
- Rice - is the typical partner of every meal in the Philippines. The plain taste of this course can complement the taste of this meal. Besides, it can counter the saltiness flavor of your meal.
- Bread - is another wheat product that contains a plain taste that has an excellent combo with the saucy meals. Most of the time, Pinoys start their meal with bread, especially in the morning. That is why this combo is an outstanding option to consider.
- Sauteed vegetables - is another course that can complement the taste of our star dish. The less seasoning veggies can lessen the salty flavor of these recipes. That is why considering it in your menu is also a possible choice.
We hope that we provide the information that you want to know about these delightful recipes. The above information may give you the details to prepare this kind of course, that is why it's more advisable to follow the information we provide you. This article includes how you can use it for cooking your new version of these recipes.
Moreover, if you come across some instances, you can also consider the troubleshooting to prepare to make your meal perfect. You can also use the tips that we have to prepare this dish at your home. We also include some of the courses that you can eat together with our star dish. In that case, you can experience the delightful combo that can boost your appetite better.
Try this in your home and share the exciting flavor that this course has. Yet, following all the steps are also the incredible things that you must do. So, enjoy eating!
For more Best Filipino Recipe visit eatlikepinoy.com!
Superb Pork Adobo with Coconut Milk
- 2 lbs Pork belly cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 Onion peeled and sliced thinly, optional
- 1 head Garlic peeled and minced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 cup Vinegar
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and pepper. Mix well and marinate the pork for at least 1 hour.
- Now heat the skillet and put in the marinated pork. Add the remaining ingredients except for the oil.
- Mix well the pork mixture and bring it to boil. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour over low heat or until pork is tender already.
- Set aside the pork when it is tender, and medium fry it in a separate pan.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and then add the pork and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk into the pan and stir until it boils. Top it with fresh round onions.
- Serve while hot! Share and Enjoy!