What is Best Pork and Chicken Guisantes Recipes
Filipinos are known to love making a variety of dishes on every occasion. When celebrating such a special occasion, simple dinner, etc., this is the perfect meal you need to prepare. Best Pork and chicken guisantes are one of the go-to dishes when you want a delicious yet simple recipe.
This recipe is always loved by the Filipinos because of its texture, taste, and flavor. It is also very pleasing in the eyes because of the festive colors of various vegetables together in it. This recipe is an affordable meal.
The good thing about this dish is that you don't have to prepare many ingredients. In this recipe, all you need is pork or chicken, tomato sauce, roasted bell pepper, and green peas, you can get to taste a very Classic Filipino food for the whole family. It’s like you’re celebrating a special event on a normal day!
Ways to Cook
There are two styles of cooking this dish. One way of cooking is to fry the pork to make the meat crispy and add the cooked sauce. Or the other is to put the chicken and pork in a cooking pot, mix all the ingredients and simmer it until it's cooked.
The instant pot is a multi-cooker brand. It's a lot easier to cook; it will soften the meat and make your cooking faster. It is the best way of cooking when you are hungry and exhausted.
A slow cook or crockpot is a one-step preparation. Just cut all of your ingredients and put them in the pot, and it will bring out the flavor. There will be no uncertainty that your food is uncooked.
The stovetop is cooked on the top of the stove and commonly used in the kitchen to implement heat to the base of pans or pots. It is more convenient and flexible in burner style, size, etc.
Other Delicious and Easy Variants and Recipes
There are different ways of preparing Pork and Chicken Guisantes. Many provinces adopted the recipe. We know Filipinos love to discover a different food style like having milk/gata, sizzling and more. And these are some of the styles of cooking guisantes in the Philippines.
Guisantes With Potato and Bell Pepper
It is the best way to eat Guisantes with Potato and Bell Pepper. To balance the taste and be even healthier in our body. The best way to put vegetables in a pot is at the end of cooking it. And it will not be overcooked and lose many nutrients from the vegetables.
When you want creamier and tastier Guisantes, you can include milk. There are benefits of nutrients due to milk/gata or coconut cream, and it is more delicious, and the Filipinos like it. It is a tastier version of the original Guisantes Recipe.
We know cinnamon is for bread only, but you are mistaken. It can also be a partner with this dish. It adds the flavor of sweetness to Pork and Chicken Guisantes.
It is a Portuguese dish originated from Guisantes, or "peas," meaning in Spanish. That's why this one-pot/pan Filipino dish gets its name. Until we got the recipe here in the Philippines, there were many different versions of it, with coconut cream, cooked on baby back ribs and cinnamon. So this dish is popular at banquets. And good for kids because of the vegetables it gives.
Tips for Cooking these Recipes
For your best version of Pork and Chicken Guisantes, here are some tips to make your cooking richer and tastier!
- Use a good quality of meat, fresh meat from the market.
- If you use green peas, avoid using made with canned green peas instead; use the frozen type with a sweeter taste and less salty.
- Instead of using a tomato sauce, use the better one; chopped fresh tomatoes and add some tomato paste for a lot of tastier.
- If you are a fit person, you can use the chicken breast to avoid some food fat.
- Avoid overcooked vegetables because they can no longer eat because they melt on the inside. After cooking the Chicken and Pork Guisantes, If you want well-done vegetables, add the vegetables and simmer them for 2-5 minutes.
- Always wash the meat and vegetables properly to keep us out of sicknesses.
- Choose the good quality of vegetables and not the ones that will be rotting
- Find out where they have allergies to prevent body illness like green peas; not everyone ate then.
- Make sure all the ingredients you put are appropriate to prevent the food spoilage
· You carefully estimate the placement of the different condiments. Do not trust the measurement given or you read in some recipe book.
To prevent ruining our dish, here are some tips to be considered to save this recipe.
- If you want to make it more sweet you can always add sugar.
- Add milk to make the dish more creamy.
- Lessen the tomato sauce if you don’t want it to be sour.
- Always cook the meat slowly to not overcook the meat because it might get tough and chewy.
To balance your tastebuds, here are some of the best partner or serve with:
- Rice - All food for Filipino is best with rice. They say that Filipino cannot live without rice. The Pork and Chicken Guisantes with green peas and roasted bell peppers in thick tomato sauce is good, delicious, and best served with steamed brown or white rice.
- Bread – It can also pair with stuffed bread. It may taste weird for you, but it is very authentic.
- Java Rice - It is a bowl of fried rice that utilizes turmeric and annatto as its main flavor.
- Ginisang Baguio Beans - It is sauteed green Baguio bean, minced garlic, onions, salt, pepper and meat.
- Chicken Potato Salad - This dish is made up of potato and shredded chicken, with rich and creamy dressing.
- Shrimp Salad - It is a unique salad with bright red-orange color of the shrimp starks in contrast to its light and tangy dressing.
The Pork and Chicken Guisantes may not originate from the Philippines. But it shows that it is part of our cuisine. When having a special occasion like a Festival, it is one of the Filipinos' food buffets. This food will remind you of happy memories. In every bite you will taste different textures; sweet, spicy, salty and a bit of tanginess. It is also good as comfort food; when you're sad and want an affordable meal, you may wanna grab a bite of this food. Overall, this is a very good dish and this is not just for festivals, but it is also a perfect daily dish.
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Pork And Chicken Guisantes Recipe
- ½ kg Chicken cut into bite-size
- ½ kg Pork meat cut into strips
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 cup Green peas
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ½ cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed into pieces
- 1 pc Red onion cut into strips
- 1 pc Red bell pepper cut into strips
- Heat oil in a pan, saute garlic until lightly brown.
- Add onion and saute until softened.
- Now add in the pork and chicken meat and continue mixing until brown.
- Season the meat mixture with salt, ground black pepper, and pour in the chicken and beef broth and add tomato sauce.
- Boil for 45 minutes over low heat. After 45 minutes, add green peas and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add bell pepper and mix.
- Serve in a serving bowl and enjoy!