Table of Contents Hide
- 2 lbs Beef cubed
- 1 pc Onion large size, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 thumb Ginger minced
- 2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 2 pcs Star anise
- ½ teaspoon Salt to taste
- ½ cup Spring onion cut into ½ inch long
- Heat oil in a casserole. Saute garlic and ginger until cook. Then add onion and cook until it gets transparent.
- Add the beef and cook until brown.
- Pour-in soy sauce, water and beef stock. Then add ground black pepper, star anise and salt. Stir well and let it boil while covered for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the sugar and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Then transfer into a bowl and put spring onions on top.
- Serve while hot! Enjoy.
Calories: 709kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 1390mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 5mg