Best Seafood Kare-Kare Recipe
Prepare your taste buds with this another variation of Kare-Kare. This dish makes use of various seafood ingredients instead of ox tongue.
Servings 4 people
- 8 pcs Prawns
- 1 pc Mud Crab (alimango) halved
- 2 cups Mussels washed and cleaned
- 4 pcs Squid cleaned
- 1 pc Banana Bell
- 5 pcs Sting Beans cut into 3 inches in length
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Annatto Seeds soaked in water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed and minced
- 1 pc Red Onion cut into cubes
- Heat half of the oil in a pan, half-fry all the seafood ingredients. Set aside the fried seafood and the oil.
- Pour the remaining oil in a pot, saute garlic until golden brown. Then, add the onion mix until softened.
- Now, pour the coconut milk into the pot. Stir until boil.
- When it's boiling already, put the annatto extract into the pot and sprinkle with salt.
- Then, add the seafood and pour in the oil used in frying the seafood ingredients into the pot.
- Now, dilute the peanut butter into a little amount of water.
- Add the string beans, banana bell, and peanut butter into the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, transfer onto a serving bowl.
- Serve with shrimp paste and enjoy!
Calories: 766kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 72g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 727mg | Potassium: 802mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 6mg