Best Pichi-Pichi Recipe
A popular Filipino dessert basically made of cassava as the main ingredients, sugar, and flavorings. This is usually sold by street vendors in the provinces of the Philippines.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- Pichi-pichi molder
- 1 kg Cassava grated and extracted
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon Pandan Flavorings
- 1 teaspoon Lye water
- 2 cup Coconut matured and grated
- In a bowl, combine grated cassava, water, sugar, lye water. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into each mold.
- Boil water into the steamer, and steam the cassava mixture for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove pichi-pichi from the steamer and let it cool.
- Remove pichi-pichi from the molder and transfer onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with grated coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 735kcal | Carbohydrates: 151g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 820mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 57g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg