Best Pita Bread Recipe
A plain bread that is commonly made in the Middle East as an ingredient in various dishes.
Servings 4 people
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a bowl, put yeast then pour water into the bowl. Add 1 cup of flour and mix for 5 minutes.
- After mixing for 5 minutes, add olive oil and salt. Mix well.
- Now add another 2 cups of flour and knead for 10 minutes until dough softens. Cover in a large bowl then set aside for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, dust a clean surface with flour and turn the dough it out onto the surface.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll into balls.
- Now transfer it all into a tray and cover with plastic wrapper then set aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll each round for about 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat a pan and brush it with a bit of oil and cook each side of the pita bread mixture for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 5mg