Best Japanese Curry Recipe
A savory Japanese pork curry that has a blend of Indian spices, but a bit sweeter and less spicy.
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 kg Pork meat cut into small cubes
- 2 pcs Potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pc Carrot cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pc White onion cut into strips
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 1/4 cup Corn starch
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 1 cup Water
- In a pot, heat oil and saute onion until translucent.
- Add pork then mix, and season it with salt, ground black pepper, and curry powder. Mix well then pour the chicken stock. Cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the carrot and potatoes.
- Combine 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup corn starch to create a thick paste. Pour the corn starch mixture into the pot. Stir the mixture slowly until boil. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- After 15 minutes, off the stove and serve in a bowl.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 914mg | Potassium: 594mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 71IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg