Best Spareribs Kaldereta Recipe
Make your regular Kaldererta recipe easier to prepare by using pork ribs instead of beef meat. Kaldereta is usually served during special occasions in the PhilippinesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 1 kg Pork Spareribs cleaned
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed and minced
- 1 pc Red Onion cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 pcs Potatoes cut into big cubes
- 1 pc Carrot big and cut into cubes
- 1 pc Red Bell Pepper cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Water
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoon Cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Liver Spread
- 4 pcs Calamansi extracted
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- In a bowl, season the meat with ground black pepper, soy sauce, and calamansi extract. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, saute garlic until golden brown. Add the onion and saute until softened.
- Now, add the ribs into the pot. Mix until the ribs turned brown. Season with salt, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Mix then pour in water. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, add the potatoes, carrot, peanut butter, and liver spread. Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- After 5 minutes, add the cheese. Bring to boil and off the fire.
- Transfer onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with red bell pepper on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 913kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 76g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 1481mg | Potassium: 996mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1068IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 4mg