Best Tortang Talong With Giniling Recipe
Are you craving for meat and vegetable? Well, here is a popular Filipino dish consisting of fresh eggplant and ground pork.
Servings 4 people
- 4 pcs Eggplant grilled and peeled
- 1/4 kg Pork meat ground
- 1 pc Potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 pcs Eggs
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed and minced
- 1 pc Onion minced
- 1 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, saute garlic until golden brown. Toss in onion and saute until softened.
- Now, add ground pork into the pan and continue mixing to avoid sticking over low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, toss in potato, and cook for another 5 minutes over low heat.
- After 5 minutes, pour in 1/4 cup of water. Cover and simmer until pork is slightly dried already. Transfer the ground pork into a bowl and set aside.
- Get the bowl with ground pork, add 3 eggs and flour into the bowl and mix it well with the ground pork.
- In a bowl, beat the remaining egg.
- Use a spoon to push down the eggplant to flatten and widen it.
- Now, dip the eggplant into the beaten egg then add 2 tbsp of ground pork mixture onto the eggplant.
- Then, fry it over low heat 5 minutes each side of the eggplant.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy!
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg