Best Roasted Pork Belly Recipe
A super easy pork belly dish that is seasoned with bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Cook until golden perfection.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 1 kg Pork Belly cleaned
- 1 teaspoon Whole Peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 pcs Bay Leaves
- 6 cups Water
- 2 cups Oil
- Using a fork, lightly stab the skin of the pork belly.
- In a pot, bring water to boil with salt, bay leaves, and whole peppercorn.
- When the water is boiling already, put the pork belly into the pot. Simmer for 1 hour. Occasionally turn the meat over.
- After 1 hour, transfer the pork belly into a flat surface. Let it cool.
- Now, stab the pork skin using a fork again. Rub it with salt and transfer into a wire rack and let it dry using the air coming from an electric fan.
- After 1 hour, heat oil in a pan, then put the pork belly into the pan. Occasionally turn the meat over. Fry until golden brown.Tip: Make sure the oil is hot already before frying the pork.
- Make slices. Serve with your choice of sauce and enjoy!
Calories: 1398kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 144g | Saturated Fat: 49g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 679mg | Potassium: 477mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg