Best Crispy Pork Belly Chicharon Recipe
This can be served as an appetizer or main course. Your taste buds will never get disappointed with this deep-fried to golden brown pork belly.
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg Pork Belly cut into 5 pieces
- 6 cups Water
- 3 cups Oil
- 5 pcs Laurel Leaves
- 1 tbsp Whole Peppercorn
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pour in the water in a pot and bring to boil.
- Now, add 1/2 tsp salt, laurel leaves, and whole peppercorn. Then put the pork belly into the pot. Simmer for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, transfer the pork belly onto a flat surface and use a fork to lightly stab the pork belly's skin.
- Now, halved each pc of the pork belly. Then, rub each pork belly with the remaining salt.
- Transfer all the pork bellies onto a wire rack, and let it stand in front of an electric fan to dry the remaining liquid in the meat for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, heat oil in a pan, then fry the pork bellies over medium heat for 3 minutes while covered.
- After 3 minutes, turn the meat over to cook the other side. Fry it again for 3 minutes. Do the same procedure with the remaining pork bellies.
- Serve with vinegar and enjoy!
Calories: 1450kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 149g | Saturated Fat: 50g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 39IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg