Best Pozole Rojo Recipe
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg Pork cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Onion cut into small cubes
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed and minced
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 cup Hominy
- 2 pcs Laurel leaves
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Oregano dried
- 1 tbsp Parsley minced
- 1 pc Red onion cut into rounds
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- In a pan, fry the pork until turned light brown. Then set a side.
- Saute the onion first and add the garlic. Then pour the chicken broth, add the hominy, salt, laurel leaves, cumin, dried oregano, ground black pepper, and chili powder. Mix well.
- Boil the mixture for 1 hour. After 1 hour, add additional 2 cups of water then boil for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the pork from the pot then cut it into shreds. Bring the shredded pork back in the pot then boil for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, serve it in a large bowl and top it with onion and parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 880kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 69g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 1685mg | Potassium: 963mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1284IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 4mg