Best Nilagat na Bangus Recipe
Another exciting dish to try with your milkfish. This dish is made of milkfish complemented with turmeric juice and various ingredients.
Cost $5 – $20
- 1 pc Bangus (Milkfish) sliced and cleaned
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pc Onion medium size, diced
- 3 pcs Tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 bunch Alagaw shoot (Premna shoot)
- 1/4 cup Turmeric juice
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup Water
- Wash the fish and place it in a pot.
- Then, pour over it the black pepper, salt, vinegar, alagaw shoot, and water. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes. Stir well until tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the boiled fish with the turmeric juice. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve while hot!
Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg