Best Sarciadong Manok Recipe
This dish is commonly served during special family gatherings in the Philippines. This dish makes use of chicken braised in tomatoes.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- ½ kg Chicken cut into bite-sized
- 3 pcs Tomatoes cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed in minced
- 1 pc Red Onion cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 pcs Laurel Leaves
- ¼ cup Parsley chopped
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Heat oil in a pot, saute the onion until softened. Then, add tomatoes and garlic. Mix until the tomatoes softened.
- Now, put the chicken, season it with fish sauce, ground black pepper, and laurel leaves. Mix until chicken turned brown.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot and also add the parsley. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
- After 20 minutes, toss in green peas. Simmer.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 923mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 661IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg