Best Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipe
A savory classic sweet and sour sauce is indeed a perfect match to your favorite chicken meat. Excite your family with your next dish.
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg Chicken Breasts cut into bite-size
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Flour
- 3/4 cups Water
- 2 cups Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/3 cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Corns Starch For the Sauce
- 1 pc Red Bell Pepper cut into big cubes
- 1 pc Red Onion cut into big cubes
- In a bowl, season chicken with fish sauce, ground black pepper, and 2 tsp corn starch. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour, water, remaining cornstarch. Then, pour it into the chicken mixture. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, and drop the chicken one by one into the pan. Cook until golden brown. Set aside.Tip: Use a strainer to remove the oil from the chicken
- In a bowl, combine, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, pineapple juice, oyster, and corn starch. Mix it well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, saute onion until softened. Now, toss in red bell pepper. Mix it again.
- Then, add the fried chicken into the pan. Mix and slowly pour the sauce. Continue stirring for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, transfer onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 640kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 1614mg | Potassium: 1064mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 152IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 3mg