Best Ube Halaya Recipe
A well-known dessert in the Philippines that is made of taro fruit. This is also known as an ice cream flavor.
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg Taro fruit boiled and grated
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 can Evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Melt butter in a pan. Then, pour coconut milk and evaporated milk into the pan.
- Now, add brown sugar, vanilla, and grated taro fruit. Stir for 15 to 25 minutes or until the mixture thickened already over low heat.
- Brush the llanera with butter. Then shape the ube halaya into the llanera.
- Serve as a dessert and enjoy!
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 466mg | Sugar: 63g | Vitamin A: 389IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 287mg | Iron: 2mg