Best Braised Beef Recipe
- 2 lbs Beef cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp Virgin oil
- 1 pc Medium onion cubed
- 1 stalk Celery cut into 3-inch long
- 1 pc Medium carrot cut into stick
- 3 cups Beef stock
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1/2 tsp Thyme dried
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in olive oil.
- Sauté onion until soft and add dried thyme then put-in beef and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Then, pour-in wine and beef stock. Cover and let it boil for 1 1/2 hour over low to medium heat. Note: Wait until the beef gets tender. Add water if needed.
- Add the carrots and celery then cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve while hot! Enjoy.
Calories: 776kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 810mg | Potassium: 1048mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 5mg