Table of Contents Hide
Best Mexican Meatball Recipe
This Mexican meatball soup is a real definition of comfort. Tasty and juicy meatballs spike with Mexican flavors will surely complete your dinner.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 1 kg Beef meat ground
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 pcs White onion cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup Bread crumbs
- ½ cup Chinese parsley
- 5 cups Water
- 6 cups Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ½ cup Rice cooked
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 pcs Tomatoes large and cut into small cubes
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 3 pcs Potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pc Carrot large cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 stalks Celery minced
- ¼ cup Tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Cilantro cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup Coriander seed
- 1 pc Lemon wedged
- In a large bowl, season ground beef with garlic powder, salt, ground black pepper, white onion, Chinese parsley. Mix well.
- Now shape the mixture into meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter. Set aside the meatballs.
- In a pot, combine beef broth and water, season it with salt and ground black pepper. Bring to boil.
- Now drop the meatballs into the pot one at a time. Let it boil.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a pan, saute onion for 3 minutes, add the tomatoes and garlic. Mix well then add the cooked rice into the pan and mix for another 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add the rice mixture into the meatballs mixture, then add potatoes, carrot, and celery. Boil for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add tomato sauce, coriander seed, and cilantro. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup with about 5 meatballs in a bowl.
- Garnish with lime wedges and warm tortillas.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 64g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 4001mg | Potassium: 1274mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 7mg