Best Palitaw sa Latik Recipe
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 lb Glutinous powder
- 4 cups Coconut milk
- 1 lb White sugar
- 8 cups Water
Making the Palitaw
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup of glutinous powder and water. Then mix them until a smooth dough is formed.
- Scoop out about 1½ Tbsp. and form in a small ball. Then flatten into oval shape alt least ¼ inch thick. Set aside.
- In a pot, pour 5 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, put the palitaw one by one and simmer until the palitaw rise to the surface of the sauce.
Making the Latik
- In a pan, simmer the coconut milk, stirring continuously until almost dry and the coconut oil comes out from the curd.
- Continue stirring until the curds are separated from the oil and the curds turn to brown but not burned.
- Strain the browned curds and set aside.
Making the Sauce
- In a casserole, pour 1 cup of water and 2 cups of coconut milk. Stir until it boils.
- Then put-in sugar, latik, cooked palitaw, and the remaining cup of glutinous powder. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thick. Then remove from the heat.
- Serve while hot. Share and enjoy.
Calories: 1304kcal | Carbohydrates: 212g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 43g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 113g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 9mg