Best Crispy Pata Recipe
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 pc Pork hock
- 1/2 tsp Peppercorn cracked
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 7 cups Water
- 1 pc Onion cut into 4 cubed
- 3 cups Cooking oil
- In a casserole, put pork hock with salt, pepper, onions and water. Bring to a boil then skim the scum. Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Then remove from the pan and place in a plate. Set aside.
- Heat a clean large cooking pot (preferably with cover) and pour-in cooking oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, deep fry the pork belly. Continue cooking in medium heat until one side becomes crispy, and then cautiously flip the hock to crisp the other side. Note: Be extra careful in doing this procedure.
- Then turn off the heat. Remove the fried pork from the pan and transfer into a serving plate.
- Eat with your favorite dip. Enjoy!
Calories: 2kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 604mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg