Most Filipino believe that having a soup dish at their dining table can give them refreshments and relaxation. The hot and tasty flavor of your soup dish can release the tenses in your body from having a hard time at work. Also, it can warm up your body, especially on a cold rainy day.
The Best Pancit Molo is an excellent example of a soup dish. It has a nice flavor that can give satisfaction to everyone. It can boost your appetite and keep you from eating more. Besides, this course can ease your cravings for pork, chicken, and seafood flavor recipes.
The chicken broth of this dish complements the pork and the shrimp’s taste in your wonton soup. The combination of these ingredients is great to present for your taste buds.
Each of these flavors can build an outstanding result regardless of their differences. Their contrasting flavor turns to be a mouth-watering dish that everyone can't resist.
Moreover, to learn more about this delightful dish, join us to give you this soup’s information. Discover the deep flavor and great taste of this dish that can offer you. Also, enjoy the process of preparing these kinds of recipes.
Where did these Best Pancit Molo Soup Recipes come from?
If you are not familiar with these recipes, let us introduce what kind of dish it is. Pancit Molo soup is one of the Filipino cuisines that has a generous contribution to food history. It is an original hot dish from Molo town, in Ilo-ilo, Philippines, with a unique and savory taste.
This course’s primary ingredients are pork and shrimp dumplings, shredded chicken, and broth. It serves with green onion and fried garlic as a garnish that also adds flavor and delicious aroma to the dish.
On the other hand, some individuals are curious to know why “Pancit” includes the Molo dish’s name even if it doesn't have any long and slurpy noodles. The better acknowledgment is that they believe that this dish derives from the Chinese wonton soup with an excellent reputation and brought by Chinese peddlers to the Philippines a long time ago.
On account of having extensive influence, Filipino Pork Dumplings soup, or Pancit Molo was born. Excluding the idea of calling it noodle soup but only soup. Did you know that it still has a noodle in the entire dish all along?
It might not be noticeable, but it still exists. Filipinos consider the dough of the dumplings as the noodle of this dish. It might not be the typical noodle, but it became the dish’s asset, considering this entire course’s backstory.
Usually, the wonton soup has a typical form of noodles, slender, and long. But the innovative version of Filipinos is they use the noodle as the wrapper of its dumplings. But technically speaking, it is still a noodle soup but in Filipino style. They make it more convenient and trouble-free to it and slurp at the same time.
What makes the Pancit Molo Recipe?
The first thing to do in making these recipes is to prepare a perfect broth to bring out your main ingredient’s delightful taste. Aside from having reached full-flavor elements, you need to have a savory base broth that can activate your taste buds to have a great appetite and mouth-watering effect for keeping you from eating more.
To enhance the taste of your chicken broth, you can use fish sauce, ground black pepper, sliced ham, and peeled shrimp. These compounds have a great flavor that can level up your Molo course into the second level. The shrimp’s seashell taste and the ham’s juicy sauce have a contrasting flavor that surprisingly works well, giving a new dimension to these recipes, including the fish sauce and black pepper that balances the saltiness and spice flavor of the broth.
Moreover, you need ground pork, egg, and smashed shrimp to prepare the wonton dumplings. You can also add vegetables such as carrots, grated onion, and jicama or turnip. For wrapping purposes, prepare a thin triangular dough and fill with the right amount of dumpling mixture. You can make as many as you want. Afterward, when the broth is ready, you can put the dumplings and cook them at the right time.
For some reason, the dumpling’s indication when it is ready is when it floats from the broth freely. After that, you can now serve and share your recipes with your family, friends, and loved ones. We assure you that they can enjoy it without a doubt because you use different ingredients to produce an excellent taste and work well together.
You can also make these soup recipes, especially on a cold rainy day. A hot course like this can give a warm feeling in freezing temperatures. Besides, you can also take it if you have a fever and are not feeling well. It can reduce your high fever because it can release your body’s hotness while you're eating this hot course. It can also boost your appetite and return the energy that your body needs the most.
Troubleshooting for cooking Pancit Molo
Shortcomings in the kitchen are the things you need to work out, especially if you are a beginner. Come across different instances while cooking is common and sometimes unavoidable.
Thus, you don't need to worry. Upon navigating, you can glance at some circumstances in preparing these recipes that we provide below, including better solutions that might help you in the future.
Too Bland - is the most common problem in the kitchen, especially when the person who cooks this dish is precautious in cooking for some reason. The top remedy for this problem is to add some salt to your recipe. You can also consider fish sauce. Ensure that you put the right amount of these seasonings because too much can result in another problem. You better put it little by little to control its taste.
Too salty - usually, this problem is for some individuals that don't know how to control the saltiness they put in their broth like these Pancit Molo. The top remedy for this is to put more unsalted chicken stock or any liquid that can reduce your mixture’s saltiness but not affect the flavor of your course.
Trivia: The Good Benefits of Pancit Molo Recipe Ingredients
Given the taste that this Molo dish has, it can also provide nutrients that can benefit your health, especially your body. This section gives some information that helps you understand the nutritional value of every ingredient that these recipes contain.
- Ground pork - is one of the primary ingredients of this Pancit Molo. It has a significant contribution in making the dumplings that this dish has. This ingredient has an excellent flavor that gives a delightful savory effect even in this course’s broth. So, you can eat it freely without any guilt and hesitation. Aside from, if you are in an Islamic country that forbids eating pork meat.
Meat like this has a great source of nutrients that helps your body, especially your muscles. It is high-protein meat and contains varying amounts of fats. For example, in 100 grams of ground pork, you can get these following nutrients:
- Protein: 25.7 grams
- Fats: 20.8 grams
- Calories: 297
- Water: 53%
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Carbs: 0 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
The cooked lean pork has a 26% protein content by its fresh weight. When dry, it can achieve as high as 89% protein content. That is why it is one of the richest dietary sources of protein. Meat is one of the complete nutritional sources of protein. It contains all nine essential amino acids required for your body’s growth and maintenance.
It is significantly more beneficial to most bodybuilders, people post-surgery, recovering athletes, and other individuals who need to build up their body or repair muscles.
On the other hand, pork contains varying amounts of fat and has a proportion that ranges from 10% to 16% and can be higher depending on the trimming level and other factors. Besides, it comprises approximately equal amounts of saturated fats and unsaturated fats present in other red meats.
Most likely in 100 grams of cooked ground pork meat, you can get;
- Saturated Fat: 7.7 grams
- Monounsaturated: 9.3 grams
- Polyunsaturated: 1.9 grams
The fats you can get from pork are more different from the ruminant animals like beef and lamb. It is low in Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and slightly richer in unsaturated fats.
Moreover, pork also has vitamins and minerals. It includes the following:
- Iron - considering pork as an outstanding source of iron. It has less iron than beef and lamb. Even so, the absorption of the meat iron from your digestive tract is very efficient.
- Phosphorus - it is necessary for growth and maintenance and has a large component of people’s diet.
- Zinc - is an essential mineral that you can get in pork. It is a cardinal nutrient for the immune system and a healthy brain.
- Thiamine - unlike beef and lamb, pork is rich in thiamine that plays a significant role in some bodily functions.
- Selenium - pork is also rich in nutrients that can also get from animals-derived food like meat, eggs, seashells, and dairy products.
- Niacin - is another vitamin B nutrient that serves various functions in your body and is necessary for growth and metabolism.
- Vitamin B12 - having a deficit consumption of this vitamin can damage your neurons and cause anemia. You can also get it in food animal origin and essential for brain function and blood formation.
- Vitamin B6 - also gives an incredible formation of red blood cells.
- Shrimp - another ingredient that can provide an excellent savory effect to your Pancit wonton recipes. It also has a unique seashell flavor that compliments the broth of your dish. It also adds an extraordinary taste to the dumplings. Besides, shrimp has different nutritional values that can benefit your health, especially your body.
Below are the following nutrients from shrimp that contribute a lot of functions for your body health. In 85 grams of shrimp, you can get these nutritional values;
- Selenium: 48% of the RDI
- Vitamin B12: 21% of the RDI
- Iron: 15% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 12% of the RDI
- Niacin: 11% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 7% of the RDI
- Zinc: 9% of the RDI
- Protein: 18 grams
- Calories: 84
Moreover, shrimp is also a great source of iodine, an essential mineral that can help you reduce inflammation and promote heart health. Shrimp also contains Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids, in addition to astaxanthin antioxidants that might provide various health benefits.
- Jicama or turnip - is another ingredient that you use in making your pancit broth recipes. It has a light and sweet effect that adds flavor to your dish. Aside from that, it also contains helpful nutrients that you need in your body.
Turnip is a root crop vegetable and member of the cruciferous family, along with other veggies such as bok choy, kale, and brussels sprouts. Considering this as one of the most important vegetable crops and uses to feed both humans and cattle.
Purple, red, and greenish on the outside and a white fleshed-bulb are the common types of turnips. The white fleshed-bulb is called the storage root or organ of the turnip. It grows above the ground and has smooth skin without scars or side roots.
Moreover, both of turnip’s roots and leaves are safe to eat. They also contain particular nutrients that promote extraordinary health benefits. It has a low content of calories but has an abundance of having sets of vitamins and minerals.
To learn more about that nutritional facts, here is the list of the nutrients of the 130 grams of raw cube turnips;
- Vitamin C: 30% of the Daily Value
- Folate: 5% of the Daily Value
- Calcium: 3% of the Daily Value
- Phosphorus: 3% of the Daily Value
- Carbs: 8 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Calories: 36
On the other hand, the leaves also have a great deal of nutrient content that also helps your body without a doubt. These include the following:
- Vitamin C: 37% of the Daily Value
- Vitamin K: 115% of the Daily Value
- Folate: 27% of the Daily Value
- Calcium: 8% of the Daily Value
- Provitamin A: 35% of the Daily Value
- Carbs: 4 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Calories: 18
Both of these parts of turnip have an excellent vitamin C source that can protect your body from free radical damage when these molecules’ level goes up in the body. And it also improves iron absorption and helps regulate blood cholesterol, among many other health benefits.
Additionally, the turnips’ greens contain vitamin K, which plays an essential role in preventing excessive bleeding or clotting agents. In comparison, Vitamin A focuses on eye, skin, and lung health. Besides, high folate can aid red blood cells’ production and prevent fetuses’ developmental irregularities.
- Carrots - is one of the common ingredients when it comes to cooking numerous recipes. It has a sweet taste, whether it's fresh or cooked. It can give an additional flavor to your dumplings and also in the broth of your Molo recipes. But that's not all about this vegetable ingredient. Carrots are crunchy, tasty, and highly nutritious. It provides nutrients that can help your health better.
Below are some of the nutritional content of 100 grams of carrot;
- Protein: 0.9 grams
- Carbs: 9.6 grams
- Fiber: 4.7 grams
- Sugar: 2.8 grams
- Fats: 0.2 grams
- Calories: 41
- Water: 88%
It is one of the perfect healthy ingredients in cooking. It has a great source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. Besides, it is a weight-loss-friendly ingredient with a lower cholesterol level and improves eye health.
Carrots have different variations of colors such as yellow, white, red, purple, and shared among the rest is the orange. The orange one gets its bright color from beta carotene, an antioxidant that your body converts into vitamin A. It can also reduce the risk of cancer.
Furthermore, carrots also have additional vitamins and minerals. It includes the following:
- Vitamin A - This nutrient plays the role of making your visions in excellent condition. Also, it is essential for growth, development, and the immune system. Beta carotene is the nutrients that you need to convert into vitamin A.
- Vitamin B6 - This vitamin is the nutrient that you need to convert food into energy.
- Vitamin K1 - is known as phylloquinone. It can promote bone health and is essential for blood coagulation.
- Biotin - is one of the vitamin Bs that is formerly known as vitamin H. It has an excellent role in fat and protein metabolism.
- Potassium - is a kind of mineral that focuses on blood pressure control.
- Wonton wrapper - you cannot have dumplings if you don't have a dough wrapper that holds the meat ingredients in your Pancit broth recipes. Filipinos considering this wrapper as the version of noodles in their soup recipes. That is why it's equally important with the broth that you need to prepare for making this dish.
It is the thin layer dough with a triangular shape that you use to make your dumpling ingredient. Carefully put the right amount of meat mixture in the center of it and slowly press to seal the side of this thin dough, and you can put it in the hot and boiling delightful Molo dish that you have. Afterward, you can tell that your dumpling is ready if it floats freely from your chicken broth.
On the other hand, did you know that this thin dough wrapper can also provide nutrients that your body needs? Yes, that is right. It also contains a nutritional value to achieve excellent health.
For one serving of wonton wrapper with 8 grams weight, you can get these following nutritional fact:
- Cholesterol: 0.7 mg
- Sodium: 45.8 mg
- Potassium: 6.6 mg
- Carbs: 4.6 grams
- Fiber: 0.1 grams
- Protein: 0.8 grams
- Calcium: 3.8 mg
- Iron: 0.3 mg
- Magnesium: 1.6 mg
- Phosphorus: 6.5 mg
- Zinc: 0.1 grams
- Manganese: 0.1 mg
- Selenium: 2.3 mg
- Vitamin A: 0.3 mg
- Retinol: 0.3 mg
- Niacin: 0.4 mg
- Folate: 6.9 mg
- Water: 2.3 grams
- Glutamic Acid: 0.3 grams
- Proline: 0.1 grams
- Leucine: 0.1 grams
Imagine, in a thin layer of a wonton wrapper; you can get these numerous nutrients to help a lot in your health. Besides, its plain taste complements the taste of the meaty mixture inside of it. It's not surprising that these two ingredients can give your broth dish an excellent savory effect and provide nutritional benefits to your body. It's like you hit two birds in one stone, right.
- Chicken stock - is a commonly liquid ingredient that is always useful in making different kinds of recipes. This liquid is the extract or juices you can get into the water combination you simmered with bones, meat, or vegetables. You can also use it for your gravy and sauces recipes.
But wait, there is a more exciting part of this ingredient. Some individuals distinguish stock and broth but have different details of distinction. The first is that there is a possibility of having a bouillon with a thicker texture while you use animal bones instead of the meat, and therefore it contains more gelatin.
Second, the stock cooks longer than the broth. That is why it has a more intense flavor. Lastly, the bouillon stock left unseasoned for use in other recipes, while the broth is seasoned and salted that you can also actually eat on its own.
Furthermore, given the broth sub-ingredients, you can get some nutritional value in this kind of liquid-based compound for cooking. These include the following:
- Calories: 86
- Carbs: 8.5 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Thiamine: 6% of the RDI
- Riboflavin: 12% of the RDI
- Niacin: 19% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 7% of the RDI
- Folate: 3% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 6% of the RDI
- Potassium: 7% of the RDI
- Selenium: 8% of the RDI
- Copper: 6% of the RDI
You can make a stock with many bones; it includes chicken, pork, beef, and even fish. In making this, you just need to boil the bones or cartilage in water for many hours to allow the bone marrow and the collagen to release and make your stock thicker and more gelatinous.
Traditionally, they make this stock with a neutral base to add mouthfeel but not overwhelming flavor. Before using bones to make stock, clean them of all meat. Also, don't add any other seasoning and aromatic flavoring if you want a neutral chicken stock.
In cooking, any suggestion may help you enhance your way of preparing any kind of these recipes. Like in this wonton dish, since we already discuss some of the benefits that you can get from it, in this section, we are now giving you some tips to enhance the flavor and the taste that you want for your recipes.
Having tips in preparing courses is an advancement for any person that wants to learn more about individual recipes. It allows you to explore your creativity to produce your version course. It can also serve as guidelines, especially for beginners who don't know how to prepare this from the start.
So, let us move forward and take a glace for these suggestions that might help you enhance your dish’s flavor.
- To add more solid flavor to your dish, you can consider chicken chunks. In that case, you can enjoy the presence of each ingredient in your broth.
- In making dumplings, make sure you do not overfill your wrapper. And make sure that you completely close every side of your dumplings because it can cause trouble when you put it in your broth mixture with open sides. The filling might spread into your broth and complicates your taste buds later on. The flavor of the dumplings might surpass the broth’s flavor and confuse some eaters.
- Too bland mixture. For some reason, some cases show that the taste of your dish comes out with light flavor. But don't worry at all. It is the most manageable problem that you can resolve in a snap of your fingers.
The better remedy for that is to add more seasoning like salt and fish sauce. These additions can give more saltiness to your dish. But make sure that you put it little by little because it might cause another trouble if you overdo it.
- Too salty mixture. This problem might arise when you don't control the amount of seasoning you put in your mix. It might affect the entire course if you don't perform the right solution for that.
The better remedy for that is to add more broth or chicken stock with a neutral flavor that can lessen your dish’s saltiness.
- Too spicy. There are some cases where you just want to add some kick in your dish, but you put more than enough; that is why it causes you a headache. Spicy flavor can boost your appetite for keeping you from eating more. But too much spiciness can cause you mouth burns, heartburns, and severe stomach aches.
The better way to fix that taste is to add more dairy products to reduce the dish’s spiciness. It can also give additional flavor to your course and balance your entire course’s savory taste.
You can Serve it with
Pairing this fantastic wonton dish with other recipes can bring so much excitement to anybody. Broth recipes like this are easy to partner with. Its savory effect can also complement the flavor of different courses. It can also boost your appetite for eating more and more.
This section provides some recipes that other people believe are the perfect match for this broth dish. These include the following meals:
Any broth recipes can be a partner with this meal. Its plain taste can incorporate the excellent flavor of this broth dish. You can also include it to your diet menu because these meals have a nutritional value that is great for your health, especially in your body. You can also consider it your light meal if you are limiting your rice and carbs consumption.
Fried Daing na Bangus
Broth recipes have excellent chemistry when it comes to dry and fried meals. Like this meal, each of these recipes’ contrasting texture can result in an outstanding savory taste. Some people say that they love this combination because they love having crunchy texture inside their mouth while having hot and flavorful broth. That is why, for them, it’s a perfect match.
Chicharon is a usual ingredient for some recipes that have chicken broth. Like the fried and dry meal we mention earlier, it also has a crunchy and salty flavor that compliments your broth dish’s taste.
The smokey flavor of this Chicken Inasal is an excellent catch with your wonton recipes’ hot and tasty broth. These two flavors have an extraordinary deal to some individuals who love Chicken Inasal and wonton broth dishes.
The contrasting flavor of chicken, pork, and shrimp results in an outstanding outcome. What more if you include this fried and crunchy pork. It is a perfect match together with rice.
Desserts always have room in our stomach. That is why it is worth trying to pair it with a hot and refreshing broth dish—the contrasting flavor of these both results in an extraordinary taste.
This version of the Molo soup dish has an excellent reputation until this moment. Its mixture is worth trying because it has an outstanding taste and offers a lot of nutritional value that has extraordinary benefits to your body. Besides, it can give a refreshing feeling to some people who are tired from working all day. And the most enjoyable feeling is, eating this meal on a cold rainy day to warm up your body.
Moreover, we hope that this information can help you to prepare your version of this course. To guide you in making this course, you can look at the tips and instructions. The troubleshooting that we give you might be your better solution to your problem in the kitchen. If that is the case, follow the remedy carefully and wait for the excellent outcome that you make.
You can also prepare this dish with your family, friends, and loved ones and make it your bonding. With this information, you can easily pull out this course and upgrade and make it your version. We hope that you enjoy and share it with your family members and include this to your menu.
So, go and start cooking and experience the taste and happiness that this dish can bring you. Happy eating, everyone!
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Superior Pancit Wonton Recipe
- ½ cup Ground pork
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- ¼ cup Shrimp shelled and smashed
- 1 pc Egg beaten
- 2 pcs Onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon Jicama minced
- 1 tablespoon Ham diced
- 1 pc Carrot minced
- 8 pcs Molo wrapper
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- In a bowl, combine ground pork with black pepper and salt.
- Put-in jicama, carrot, onions, smashed shrimp and beaten egg. Then mix well together. Set aside.
- Get the wrapper and place in a flat plate. Then scoop 1 ½ teaspoon of the mixture and place on the middle of the wrapper. Fold the molo wrapper to form a triangle. Press the sides to keep the meat mixture intact. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a casserole, then saute garlic until brown.
- Add the onions, then add the ham and shrimp.
- Season with fish sauce, black pepper, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Then put-in the wrapped molo mixture and boil for another 15 minutes.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and top with spring onions.