Best Sauerbraten Recipe
Servings 4 people
- Baking pot
- 1 kg Beef tenderloin sliced into 3 inches long and 1-inch thick
- 3 cups Beef broth
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 2 pcs White onion large and cut into chunks
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 10 pcs Thyme fresh and cut into 1 inch
- 2 pcs Laurel leaves
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Virgin oil
- 2 pcs Carrots medium and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 stalks Celery cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 thumbs Ginger cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Juniper berries
- 1/2 tsp Whole black pepper
- In a pot, pour the 2 cups beef broth, then add the wine, vinegar, onion, garlic, thyme, laurel leaves, juniper berries, and whole black pepper. Boil for 5 minutes over low heat.
- After 5 minutes, pour the boiled seasoning in a resealable bag with the sliced beef tenderloin.
- Refrigerate the seasoned beef for 3 days.
- After 3 days, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the olive oil in the baking pot, then add the beef tenderloin and the seasoning.
- Bake until all sides turned brown. Set aside.
- In the same baking pot, put salt, carrot, celery, ginger, ground black pepper, sour cream. Stir for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, sprinkle it with flour, then mix it well.
- Pour the beef broth into the pot. Bring to boil, then add the beef and bring it to boil.
- Transfer the pot back in the oven and cook the beef for another 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, transfer the sauerbraten on a large plate.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 906kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 68g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 1129mg | Potassium: 1077mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 787IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 8mg