- 2 lbs Ox tripe cleaned
- ½ cup Garbanzo beans boiled and peeled
- ½ cup Tomato sauce
- 2 pcs Chorizo de bilbao cubed
- ½ cup Bacon cut into 1-inch length
- 1 pc Green bell pepper cubed
- 1 pc Large onion cut into strips
- ½ cup Cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 pc Medium carrot cut into small strips
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- In a casserole, boil ox tripe for 15 minutes.
- After boiling, clean the ox tripe and slice into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a cooking pot. Saute onion until cook then add the ox tripe. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes while covered.
- Then pour-in tomato sauce, chorizo, tomato paste and water then simmer for 2 hours over low heat. Stir occasionally.Note: Add more water and cooking time until the ox tripe gets tender.
- Once tender, add the bacon, garbanzo, and carrot then boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add the green bell pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 419mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 194IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg