Best Lengua Estofado Recipe
- 2 lbs Beef lengua boiled until tender and sliced
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 can Diced tomato
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 3/4 cup Wine
- 1 cup Water
- 1 pc White onion big size, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 5 pcs Bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Sliced mushroom botton
- 1 cup Green whole olives
- 1/4 cup Black whole olives
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Cooking oil
- Heat oil in a wide cooking pot
- Dredge the slice lengua in flour (shake away the excess flour) and then pan-fry in medium heat for 1 minute per side. Set aside.
- Add onion and garlic on the pot. Continue to cook until the onion gets tender.
- Pour the can of diced tomato and wine. Stir.
- Add the pan fried beef lengua.
- Stir-in soy sauce and water. Let boil.
- Add the bay leaves. Cover and cook in low heat until the sauce reduces to half.
- Add the vinegar. Allow the sauce to re-boil.
- Add sugar, green olives, black olives, and mushrooms. Stir. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 794mg | Potassium: 394mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg