Best Chicharon Bituka Recipe
A popular dish in the Philippines, that is usually served with beer. A deep-fried pork intestine that is enjoyed by Filipinos.
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 cup Alum crystal (tawas)
- 1 kg Pork's Intestine
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 5 cups Water
Washing and Cleaning of Pork's Intestine
- Using a faucet, clean the pork's intestine outside and most especially inside. Make sure to remove everything that's in the pork's intestine.
- Boil water in a large pot. Then, pour it on the pig's intestine after the 1st part of washing.
- Let it cool, and clean it again using water from the faucet.
- Now, rub it with salt and vinegar to remove the stinky smell of the intestine. Then, wash it again.
- Prepare water with alum crystal in a basin.
- Now, cut the pork's intestine into rounds and soak it into the basin with water and alum crystal for 10 minutes.
Boiling and Frying
- After 10 minutes, wash the pork's intestine and transfer it into a pot.
- Season it with salt, ground black pepper, and vinegar. Cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain and set aside the pork's intestine.
- Heat oil in a pot, fry the pork's intestine until half-cooked. Then transfer it into a bowl, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat oil in a pan, and fry the pork's intestine until golden brown.
- Transfer onto a serving plate. Serve with sauce and enjoy!
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1180mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg