Table of Contents Hide
Best Custard Cake Recipe
This is a combination of a Filipino popular dessert Leche flan and a soft chiffon cake. Indulge yourself with this sweet comforting cake.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 2 Rectangular Baking Dish
For the Custard
- 6 pcs Eggs
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
For the Cake
- 6 pcs Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Cake Flour
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest grated
- 1 ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Put a pan inside the oven and melt the sugar or until caramelized. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine, egg yolk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk. Mix well.
- Then, pour it into the baking pan with caramelized sugar. Place the pan on a larger baking pan and pour water on the larger pan. Bake it for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar with egg yolk. Mix well.
- Now add baking powder. Mix again.
- Then, slowly add the flour into the bowl. Add the grated lemon zest. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the white eggs in another bowl. Then, add the cream of tartar. Mix for 10 minutes with sugar until fluffy.
- Now, carefully mix the cake mixture into the bowl. Mix using a spatula.
- Now, pour the cake mixture into the baking pan with custard mixture.
- Put it inside the oven over a tray with water.
- Bake the mixture for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, check it the cake using a toothpick and if it came out clean, it means it's cooked already.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn the custard cake over a wide tray to get the custard cake from the baking pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 1117kcal | Carbohydrates: 225g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 846mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 189g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 730mg | Iron: 1mg