Are you tired of the same chicken recipes you’ve been cooking for the past week? Don’t worry because we prepared something new for you to try. We will be learning how to cook the perfect Chicken and Green Peas Dish!
With just a few ingredients that are all very easy to find, it is possible to make this incredible dish! Besides learning how to make Chicken and Green Peas Dish, you’ll discover more about the dish itself with some trivia, benefits, and tips that we will share with you. We’re sure that all these will be helpful for you to achieve this delicious meal.
What Is Filipino’s Best Chicken Guisantes Recipes
Chicken and Green Peas Dish or manok sa gisantes is sauteed chicken with green peas, bell peppers, and tomato sauce. This classic Pinoy dish became a favorite because it is simple and easy to prepare, where you can make it in just less than an hour.
Chicken and Green Peas Dish is a delicious and hearty meal where you can add vegetables to make it even healthier.
Moreover, as the secondary used ingredient in this dish, peas are often boiled and flavored with butter as a side dish vegetable to some meals. But not today in our recipe because we will be adding peas directly to the dish itself.
The peas we will be cooking in Chicken and Green Peas Dishare hard when undercooked and mushy when overcooked. Make sure to cook it evenly so that it will blend perfectly with the dish’s sauce and gives so much flavor that everyone will surely love.
Ways To Cook Broiler Guisantes
In this generation, there are plenty of new things such as kitchen tools to help us lessen the work when preparing our recipes. Here are some of the choices that might help you when cooking a Chicken and Green Peas Dish.
Instant Pot Guisantes (Chicken) Recipes
Using this fantastic kitchen tool makes the cooking time a lot faster and easier.
In cooking Chicken and Green Peas Dishin an Instant pot, you need to saute the chicken first together with the minced garlic and onions for about 5 minutes.
Next is to add the chicken broth, tomatoes, and fish sauce. Stir them, then adjust the time to cook the meat, then another NPR for 10 minutes. Add peas and other seasonings that will give extra flavor to our dish.
After this part, you can let it simmer on saute at low temperature to make the peas cook softly. Place the lid back and set it for another 1 minute on manual. Check if the chicken is tender and if the peas are soft, then it is ready to serve.
Crockpot and Slow cooker
The crockpot cooking method is somewhat similar to the slow cooker because the crockpot is the cooking process where a particular dish or food is left to cook for a long time at a low temperature. In contrast, the slow cooker is the kitchen tool used for the cooking process.
In cooking Chicken and Green Peas Dish, prepare all ingredients first by cleaning the chicken parts you will be using, chopping and slicing garlic and onions, and making sure to ready all condiments you will use.
After all the ingredients are ready, all of it will go into the crockpot at a low temperature for 6 hours.
The slow cooker helps you do other household chores while waiting for it to cook and finish its job all by itself. It’s a win-win situation!
Pressure cooking is a healthy option to cook your meals. Science experts say that pressure cooking a particular food can preserve the heat-sensitive nutrients it contains than any other cooking method because of its short cooking time.
When pressure cooking chicken, it usually can take you just 8 minutes to finish under high pressure.
If your chicken is frozen, it will cook for 10 minutes under high pressure and then quickly release.
Besides the choices to choose from using different kitchen tools with new technology, you can also bring your Chicken and Green Peas Dish to the next level. Never be afraid to add something you think will make the dish even better. It may be a trial and error, but we assure you that the process and results will all be worth it.
Here are some of the other ingredients you can use and add to your next Chicken and Green Peas recipe.
Chicken and Green Peas Dish with Potatoes
Are you thinking of adding more vegetables to your Chicken and Green Peas Dish? Potatoes are what you were looking for that you can add and, at the same time, increase the volume of your dish too.
In making Chicken and Green Peas Dish with Potatoes, you first need to ready your ingredients. Mince, chop, and wash all raw ingredients, including the chicken. Wash potatoes, then fry them beforehand. After doing so, you can now heat the pan.
Heat the pan by putting enough cooking oil to saute the garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Stir in chicken and cook until the meat turns white. Season the mixture with fish sauce and other seasonings you might want to add to enhance the flavor.
Please wait for it to cook for another 15 minutes until the chicken meat is thoroughly cooked and well done.
Next is to add the half-cooked potatoes and water. The last step is to add and Green Peas Dish, then let it simmer for a while. Serve the stew while hot and enjoy it with the family.
Chicken and Green Peas Dish with Carrots
Aside from potatoes, you can also add carrots to your next Chicken and Green Peas Dish. These vegetables will increase the volume of your dish to fill up the plates of the whole family.
Carrots should be washed and sliced before cooking half-cooked, just like what we did with the potatoes. Steps are the same when cooking Chicken and Green Peas Dish. It is in the last step where we will add the half-cooked carrots together with the green peas.
Chicken and Green Peas Dish with Cheese
Mostly any dish that comes with cheese or has an ingredient that contains cheese is undoubtedly delicious! Just like this combo of chicken and peas that will be creamier and richer with cheese.
Assuming that all ingredients are ready and prepared, saute minced garlic and onions in the heated pan with oil. Add the slices of chicken and cook until the meat whitens.
The next step is to add tomatoes and chicken broth. Mix and bring them to a boil, cover, then let it simmer for 30 minutes.
Green peas and bell peppers are next to join the mixture. Cook it for four more minutes. Finally, top it with cheese in cubes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Let it simmer for a while; then all is well and ready to serve.
It’s never too late to repair your masterpiece by fixing it with these remedies we’ve prepared for you. Consider trying them if you happen to fail on your first attempt while cooking your Chicken and Green Peas Dish.
- Add a gradual amount of water to balance the taste. To achieve the flavor you’ve been looking for, make sure to pour water little by little to correct and lessen the overpowering saltiness of the dish.
- If the dish lacks flavor, add salt, pepper, or fish sauce to give extra flavor and taste. Keep in mind to do this in little amounts to avoid excessive condiments that might provide your finished meal with terrible results.
Did you know that our dish for today, Chicken and Green Peas Dish has healthy ingredients that bring many significant advantages to our body? Yes, you heard it right! We’ve got it collected here so you can take a great look and know more about what it can benefit our bodies.
- Green peas- also called garden peas have been part of the human diet for years now. Often used as a side dish to other meal courses, these peas have the main stage and spotlight in today’s recipe.
- Green peas are high in nutrients. They are relatively low in calories but high in fiber and protein. Green peas contain several vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants too.
- It is an excellent source of fiber; it benefits digestion by maintaining the flow of waste in the digestive tract and keeping the gut healthy. It also has several characteristics that may help prevent heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Chicken: Chicken is one of the meats with high nutritional value that will keep and let you stay healthy. It is an excellent source of protein, helps provide vitamins and minerals that will be good for the heart, a natural antidepressant, and promotes healthy eyesight.
- Tomato- if you don’t know yet, tomatoes are a huge source of the antioxidant lycopene that gives many health benefits, including reducing heart disease and cancer risk.
- Also, tomatoes are rich in vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Fresh tomatoes are low in carbs because they consist of water.
- Tomatoes are also beneficial for the skin. Also, it may protect you against sunburn.
Moreover, if you have noticed this dish’s name, you might be wondering why it is named Guisantes.
Guisantes is a Spanish word for green peas. Instead of using the real name of green peas in the dish, they used Guisantes, a word from the Spaniards where mostly Pinoy recipes were obtained and accomplished.
In Taiwan, China, Japan, and in some Southeast Asian countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, and the Philippines, peas are often roasted and salted, then eaten as snacks.
In the Philippines, peas are often added to pansit and became a common ingredient in some other unique and delicious recipes.
Here are some helpful tips that will give you confidence and bring our Chicken and Green Peas Dish to a whole new level! Don’t hesitate to check them all below for your reference.
- When adding other vegetables such as carrots or potatoes, consider putting them before adding the green peas.
- The green peas should always be the last on the list of ingredients to add to avoid overcooking it.
- Cut and slice the chicken parts you will use in uniform size to ensure that it will be even when cooking and more tender to chew.
- To give more flavor, instead of using tomato sauce, use fresh tomatoes that are chopped for about 2 cups and stir in 1 tablespoon of tomato paste in the broth.
Best Served With
Pinoy recipes are indeed unique and flexible; that’s why it is easy to pair with another meal or food. Mix and matching food choices are always a great idea most, especially if your ulam-for-today is Chicken and Green Peas Dish.
Listed below are some other recipes that are perfect for serving with our Chicken and Green Peas Dish.
Hot rice- when eating recipes like Chicken and Green Peas Dish, it is a must to have a cup of rice to enjoy it more. Pinoys enjoy different recipes, especially when served with a bowl of hot rice.
Fried fish- fish of any kind, will suit our dish for today. Matching some fried fish to our Chicken and Green Peas Dish will exceed your expectations of what a perfect lunch is.
Grilled squid- grilled to tender perfection, Chicken and Green Peas Dish is a perfect match to some delicious seafood: grilled squid.
Maja Blanca- a sumptuous meal like Chicken and Green Peas Dish calls for a decent dessert. The creaminess of what Maja Blanca has will satisfy our sweet tooth cravings right after enjoying a delicious dish.
Iced tea- a cold house blend iced tea is enough to complete the Chicken and Green Peas Dish meal. What a perfect combination it is; you better not miss trying.
Chicken and Green Peas Dish is a must-try Filipino dish that you can easily follow on doing. Because of its minimal list of ingredients and simple preparation.
Given all the information we’ve shared above, we hope that it will help you and that you’ve now learned how to cook Chicken and Green Peas Dish.
Try this dish now and let this fantastic Filipino dish bring you new excitement with great flavors. Chicken and Green Peas Dish is worth trying and maybe your next quick meal idea that you can serve to your family in just less than an hour.
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Chicken Guisantes Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 cup Guisantes frozen
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pc Onion diced
- 2 pcs Tomatoes cubed
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 pc Red Bell Pepper cubed
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Black Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes softened.
- Add the chicken and pour in the fish sauce and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then, put the chicken broth, bell pepper, and simmer for 20 minutes while covered.
- Add the guisantes on top and cover the pan again for 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve!