Are you tired of the same chicken recipes you've been cooking for the past week? Don't worry because we prepared something new for you to try. We will be learning how to cook the best Chicken Guisantes!
With just a few ingredients that are all very easy to find, it is possible to make this incredible recipe! Aside from learning how to make Chicken Guisantes, you'll discover more about the dish itself with some trivia, benefits, and tips that we will be sharing with you. We're sure that all these will be helpful for you to achieve this delicious recipe.
What is Chicken Guisantes
Chicken Guisantes or manok sa gisantes is sauteed chicken with green peas, bell peppers, and tomato sauce. This classic Pinoy recipe became a favorite because it is simple and easy to prepare, where you can make it in just less than an hour.
Chicken Guisantes is a delicious and hearty meal where you can add vegetables to make it even healthier.
Moreover, peas as the secondary used ingredient in this dish are often boiled and flavored with butter as a side dish vegetable to some meals. But not today in our recipe because we will be adding peas directly to the dish itself.
The peas we will be cooking in Chicken Guisantes are hard when undercooked and mushy when overcooked. Make sure to cook it evenly so that it will blend perfectly to the sauce of the dish and gives so much flavor that everyone will surely love.
Ways to cook Chicken Guisantes
In this generation, there are plenty of new things such as kitchen tools we can use to help us lessen the work when preparing our dishes. Here are some of the choices that might be helpful to you when cooking Chicken Guisantes.
Using this fantastic kitchen tool makes the cooking time a lot faster and easier.
In cooking Chicken Guisantes in an Instant pot, you need to saute first the chicken together with the minced garlic and onions for about 5 minutes.
Next is to add the chicken broth, tomatoes, and fish sauce. Stir them, then adjust the time to cook the meat, then another NPR for 10 minutes. Add peas and other seasonings that will give extra flavor to our recipe.
After this part, you can let it simmer on saute at low temperature to make the peas cook softly. Place the lid back and set it for another 1 minute on manual. Check if the chicken is tender, as well as if the peas are soft, then it is ready to serve.
Crockpot and Slow cooker
The crockpot cooking method is somewhat similar to the slow cooker simply because the crockpot is the cooking process where a particular dish or food is left to cook for a long time with a low temperature. In contrast, the slow cooker is the kitchen tool used for the cooking process.
In cooking Chicken Guisantes, prepare all ingredients first by cleaning the chicken parts you will be using, chopping and slicing garlic and onions, and make sure to ready all condiments that you will use.
After all the ingredients are ready, all of it will go into the crockpot on a low temperature for 6 hours.
The slow cooker helps you do other household chores while waiting for it to cook and finish its job all by itself. It's a win-win situation!
Pressure cooking is a healthy option to cook your meals. Science experts say that pressure cooking a particular food can preserve the heat-sensitive nutrients it contains than any other cooking method because of its short cooking time.
When pressure cooking chicken, it usually can take you just 8 minutes for it to finish under high pressure.
If your chicken is frozen, it will cook for 10 minutes under high pressure then quick release.
Aside from the choices to choose from with the use of different kitchen tools with new technology, you can also bring your Chicken Guisantes to the next level of goodness. Never be afraid to add something you think will make the dish even better. It may be a trial and error, but we assure you that the process and results will all be worth it.
Here are some of the other ingredients you can use and add in your next Chicken Guisantes recipe.
Chicken Guisantes with Potatoes
Are you thinking of adding more vegetables to your Chicken Guisantes? Potatoes are what you were looking for that you can add and, at the same time, increase the volume of your dish too.
In making Chicken Guisantes with Potatoes, you first need to ready your ingredients. Mince, chop, and wash all raw ingredients, including the chicken. Wash potatoes then fry them beforehand. After doing so, you can now heat the pan.
Heat the pan by putting enough cooking oil to saute the garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Stir in chicken and cook until the meat turns white. Season the mixture with fish sauce and other seasonings you might want to add to enhance the flavor.
Wait for it to cook for another 15 minutes until the chicken meat is thoroughly cooked and well done.
Next is to add the half-cooked potatoes and water. The last step is to add Guisantes then let it simmer for a while. Serve it while hot and enjoy it with the family.
Chicken Guisantes with Carrots
Aside from potatoes, you can also add carrots in your next Chicken Guisantes recipe. These vegetables will increase the volume of your dish to fill up the plates of the whole family.
Carrots should be washed and sliced before cooking it half-cooked, just like what we did with the potatoes. Steps are the same when cooking Chicken Guisantes. It is in the last step where we will add the half-cooked carrots together with the green peas.
Chicken Guisantes with Cheese
Mostly any dish that comes with cheese or has an ingredient that contains cheese is undoubtedly delicious! Just like this combo of chicken and peas that will be creamier and richer with cheese.
Assuming that all ingredients are ready and prepared, saute minced garlic and onions in the heated pan with oil. Add the slices of chicken and cook until the meat whitens.
The next step is to add tomatoes and chicken broth. Mix and bring them to a boil, cover, then let it simmer for 30 minutes.
Green peas and bell peppers are next to join the mixture. Cook it for four more minutes. Finally, top it with cheese in cubes then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Let it simmer for a while; then all is well and ready to serve.
It's never too late to repair your masterpiece by fixing it with these remedies we've prepared for you. Consider trying them if you happen to fail on your first attempt while cooking your Chicken Guisantes.
- Add a gradual amount of water to balance the taste. To be able to achieve the flavor you've been looking for, make sure to pour water little by little to correct and lessen the overpowering saltiness of the dish.
- If the dish happens to lack flavor, just add salt, pepper, or fish sauce to give extra flavor and taste. Keep in mind to do this in little amounts to avoid excessive usage of condiments that might give bad results to your finished recipe.
Did you know that our recipe for today, Chicken Guisantes has healthy ingredients that bring a lot of good advantages to our body? Yes, you heard it right! We've got it collected here so you can take a good look and know more about what it can benefit our bodies.
- Green peas- also called garden peas have been part of the human diet for years now. Often used as a side dish to other meal courses, these peas have the main stage and spotlight in our recipe for today.
- Green peas are high in nutrients. They are relatively low in calories but high in fiber and protein. Green peas contain several vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants too.
- Having said that it is a good source of fiber, it benefits the digestion by maintaining the flow of waste in the digestive tract and keeping the gut healthy. It also has several characteristics that may help prevent heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Chicken- Chicken is one of the meats with high nutritional value that will keep and let you stay healthy. It is an excellent source of protein, helps provide vitamins and minerals that will be good for the heart, a natural anti-depressant, and also helps in promoting healthy eyesight.
- Tomato- if you don't know yet, tomatoes are a huge source of the antioxidant lycopene that gives many health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Also, tomatoes are rich in vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Fresh tomatoes are low in carbs because it is mostly composed up of water.
- Tomatoes are also beneficial for the skin. Also, it may protect you against sunburn.
Moreover, if you have noticed the name of this dish, you might be wondering why it is named Guisantes.
Guisantes is a Spanish word for green peas. Instead of using the real name of green peas in the dish, they used Guisantes, which is a word from the Spaniards where mostly Filipino recipes we're obtained and accomplished.
In Taiwan, China, Japan, and in some Southeast Asian countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, and the Philippines, peas are often roasted and salted then eaten as snacks.
Also, in the Philippines, peas are often added to pansit and became a common ingredient in some other unique and delicious recipes.
Here are some helpful tips that will give confidence to you and bring our Chicken Guisantes into a whole new level! Don't hesitate to check them all below for your reference.
- When adding other vegetables such as carrots or potatoes, consider putting them before adding the green peas.
- The green peas should always be the last on the list of ingredients to add, to avoid overcooking it.
- Cut and slice the chicken parts you will use in uniform size to ensure that it will be even when cooking and more tender to chew.
- To give more flavor, instead of using tomato sauce, use fresh tomatoes that are chopped for about 2 cups and stir in 1 tablespoon of tomato paste in the broth.
Best Served With
Filipino dishes are indeed unique and flexible; that's why it is easy to pair with another meal or food. Mix and matching food choices are always a great idea most, especially if your ulam-for-today is Chicken Guisantes.
Listed below are some other dishes that can be the best to serve with our Chicken Guisantes.
- Hot rice- when eating recipes like Chicken Guisantes, it is a must to have a cup of rice to enjoy it more. Filipinos enjoy different dishes, especially when served with a bowl of hot rice.
- Fried fish- fish of any kind, will suit our recipe for today. Matching some fried fish to our Chicken Guisantes will level up your expectation of what a perfect lunch is.
- Grilled squid- grilled to tender perfection, Chicken Guisantes is a perfect match to some delicious seafood, that is, grilled squid.
- Maja Blanca- a sumptuous meal like Chicken Guisantes calls for a decent dessert. The creaminess of what Maja Blanca has will satisfy our sweet tooth cravings right after enjoying a delicious dish.
- Iced tea- a cold house blend iced tea is enough to complete the Chicken Guisantes meal. What a perfect combination it is, you better not miss trying.
Chicken Guisantes is a must-try Filipino dish that you can easily follow on doing. Because of its minimal list of ingredients and simple preparation.
Given all the information we've shared above, we hope that it will be helpful for you and that you've now learned how to cook Chicken Guisantes.
Try this recipe now and let this fantastic Filipino dish bring you new excitement with great flavors. Chicken Guisantes is worth trying and maybe your next quick meal idea that you can serve to your family in just less than an hour.
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Chicken Guisantes Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- ½ cup Guisantes frozen
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pc Onion diced
- 2 pcs Tomatoes cubed
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 pc Red Bell Pepper cubed
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- Black Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes softened.
- Add the chicken and pour in the fish sauce and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then, put the chicken broth, bell pepper, and simmer for 20 minutes while covered.
- Add the guisantes on top and cover the pan again for 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve!