Best Chicken Halang Halang Recipe
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 lb Chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 pc Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 thumb Ginger julienned
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes
- 2 pcs Lemongrass
- 1 pc Papaya small, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup Malunggay leaves
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pot.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger until the onion becomes soft.
- Add the chicken pieces. Cook until light to medium brown. Turn over to cook the other side.
- Add-in the papaya and chili flakes then lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes while covered.
- Put-in the lemongrass and fish sauce. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then gradually pour in the coconut milk and bring to a light simmer for about 15 minutes.Note: Stir thoroughly to avoid curdling of the coconut milk.
- Add the malunggay leaves and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with chili leaves before serving.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 3mg