The thing that goes into our mind when someone says salad is that it's a mixed vegetable or fruit served with some dressing or cream, and it is either served hot or cold. When you are seen eating vegetable salad, one thought only comes to mind; you are on a diet.
Someone says that being on a diet is extremely challenging because you have to give up eating all those delicious recipes that usually contain a lot of calories. As your kitchen buddy, we don't want you to eat only greens. As a gift, we offer you a fantastic recipe that you will surely love, the broiler salad.
What Are Chicken Salad Recipes
Well, the word "salad" came from the Latin word "sal" or short for "salata" which means salted things. Someone says that they ate raw vegetables with just a dressing of oil, vinegar, and salt during the old times.
Today, many kinds of salad seem to have appeared in all cookbooks worldwide, but one variation stands out: the Best Chicken Salad.
Most say Broiler salad is any salad with chicken as its main ingredient and a binder. Mostly is made from leftover chicken that is chopped and served with your choice of dressing. You can also add some herbs and vegetables to make it more flavorful.
Variation of Chicken Salad Recipes
Most say the best Chicken salad is considered an everyday table food. As generations passed, some have been adventurous enough to create different flavors for this dish. Here are some various types of broiler salad that you could enjoy.
Classic Chicken Salad Recipes
It is an everyday dish that is always seen on most people's dining tables. It is a perfect food to serve over lunch. It is made of lean chicken in mayo and lemon juice and is sometimes added with celery. You can also add some red and green onions to give it a tastier flavor.
Chicken Caesar Salad Recipes
It is a crunchy, colorful, and refreshing constitution of broiler salad, made with grilled broiler, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and zest of lemon and Caesar dressing. It's perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
Did you know that romaine lettuce is a very healthy green? Most people who are on a diet include this in some of their recipes because it is rich in Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin K, and Vitamin A. It also has folate, which is beneficial to pregnant women.
Besides, it is easy to create homemade Caesar Salad. You have to constitute garlic cloves, anchovy paste, Dijon Mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and lemon juice.
Besides, to avoid soggy lettuce in variants like this, ensure that you will only drizzle dressing to what you can eat at the moment. Don't pour in everything to all of your lettuce. This is to ensure that the lettuce will be crisp and fresh the moment you eat it.
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipes
For healthy eaters, this one is the perfect variant to have: protein plus many vegetables in a single dish. It is a nutritious meal for those who are trying to avoid carbs. Just grill the broiler with romaine lettuce, fresh tomatoes, carrots, red onion, and goat cheese, added with light vinegar to taste.
Also, we would love to give you some tips about how to nail a perfect grilled broiler.
- Choose the right cut or part of the broiler- The cut of the broiler determines the cooking time/minutes of the meat. If you have a larger cut(chicken breast, thigh, whole broiler, parts with bones) of meat, it will take a long time in the grill. We suggest cutting this type of meat into smaller portions to lessen grilling time. Another option is to null any bones that will cause longer /minutes/hours to cook. This process will indeed function well.
- Pound the meat evenly - The uneven cut of meat makes it difficult to grill evenly. In that sense, make sure to cut the meat in a flat size, then pound it to make sure it will never go dry in grilling. This is an excellent technique in reducing cooking minutes/hours. This process will indeed function well.
- Butterfly the whole broiler- This Is like handling some chicken breasts. Null the bones and pound them. But you don't have to pound an entire broiler to cook it. You have to nullify the broiler and butterfly's backbone for a faster and more even grill on the chicken. It will lessen the minutes/hours of cooking as well. This process will indeed function well.
- Marinade before you grill: Grilling meat without any marinade will only make your meat taste smoke. This is not ideal for serving in a sea of crowd. A basic marinade would include oil, soy sauce, sugar, and spices. Marinating it for minutes/ hours is advisable. If you have your homemade grill marinade, you can share it with us too. This process will indeed function well.
- Prep the grill properly - you don't want to have any problem with grilling. Make sure you have your grill cleaned up and your charcoal ready. Ensure you have fire available just in case your grill will run out of fire. This process will indeed function well.
- Keep it low heat - you are not cooking steak or burger, so you won't need to grill in high fire. The broiler is sensitive to heat, so cook on low fire. This process will indeed function well.
- Cover your grill - this technique is to grill the meat faster. It will also be faster to cook evenly because the cover will create an oven-like environment inside the cover. It will also keep your fuel consumption at a minimum because it will not escape if it is covered. This technique saves time and resources at the same time. This process will indeed function well.
- Prevent cross-contamination - Cooking broiler is very sensitive. To nullify cross-contamination, you have to wash everything it touches with hot, soapy water. In that sense, you have to wash your hands very meticulously. Follow the hand washing rule. Furthermore, we would like to highlight the importance of handwashing, especially in times like this. Handwashing keeps you from getting any respiratory or diarrheal infections that you usually get in daily activities. This process will indeed function well.
To avoid this, wash your hands before and after you prepare food. Wash it as well before and after you eat. You should also wash your hands before and after you touch someone who is sick or if you are treating a wound.
Remember to hand wash after you use a toilet, touch garbage, or touch anything. Always keep in mind to practice hygienical kitchen behaviors like this to avoid any contamination.
- Sauce it often - this is to ensure that your meat will sip in all the flavors of the marinade. Aside from that, it will keep the meat from burning and being too dry. Turn the meat now and then as well to avoid too much char on the skin. This process will indeed function well.
- Check for the temperature - The safe temperature for a cooked broiler is 165 degrees Fahrenheit, so to avoid going over or under, keeping an eye on using a thermometer comes in handy. This process will indeed function well.
Asian Chicken Salad Recipes
Crunch and citrusy, a perfect way to describe this salad. Also, if you are someone who loves noodles, you will love them. It is made of crunchy noodles, cabbage, carrots, green onions, and chicken poured with Asian dressing and topped with sesame seeds. Go vibrant with the cabbage and add different colors to have it more appealing.
Chinese Chicken Salad Recipes
It is almost the same as the top Asian salad, except for the dressing, a basic vinaigrette combined with sesame oil.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Watching your favorite games and wanting to eat healthy at the same time? This is the perfect salad for that. It is marinated chicken covered with ranch and some veggies on the side. PAir it up with your favorite drinks for a better experience. To create a buffalo dressing, all you have to do is constitute melted butter, hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Whisk until combined, then pour it over or coat your meat with this.
BBQ Chicken Salad
It is a flavorful, healthy salad that will indeed become a hit on any occasion, whether a simple dinner or a family gathering. It is grilled chicken that is brushed with barbecue sauce mixed with fresh vegetables. If you want something new, filling, and has that tangy, delicious flavor, this is a perfect choice. To create the best bbq dressing, all you have to constitute is 2 cups of ketchup, apple cider vinegar, a quarter cup of brown sugar, and a dash of honey. You need to add Worcestershire sauce, stone house seasoning, and lemon juice. Add a dash of hot sauce to spice up your dressing.
Also, we would like to give you some tips on cooking BBQ. Check out the following for details.
- Never use gas - remember that the smoke that the grill is emitting is an additional flavor to the meat. If you use gas, there is a huge tendency that the gas will be infused to meet, and that is not a bright idea!
- Woods from fruit trees are more advisable because this wood emits a fruit flavor and makes your meat taste even better once it is on fire.
- Dip the wood in water first - this technique ensures that the wood will constantly smoke even more. In this sense, the fruit woods will give more flavor to your meat.
- No peeking! - it is a strange habit that when we are cooking, we always check it from time to time. Cut the peculiar habit of yours and let the meat cook in the grill by itself. Just peek on the clock instead. If you constantly check the meat inside the grill, it will not cook perfectly.
- Let the meat rest before eating - this is to secure the juiciness of the meat. If you cut it right away, you will extract the meat's juices as you slice it up. All those juices hold intense flavor, and if it is removed, you will lose the meat's imminent flavor.
Shredded Chicken Salad
This salad is excellent served as a filling in sandwiches. It is highly nutritious, which is a perfect meal for those who are always on the go. The recipe is just like the classic salad, but the chicken is shredded, making it an ideal partner for bulky bread.
Besides that, we would like to give you some tips on creating the perfect shredded meat for dishes like this.
First, place the meat in the bottom of a large pan. Ensure it is boneless for faster cooking time. Then season it constantly with salt and pepper. You can add herbs and bay leaf for elevated flavors.
If you are cooking in batches, constantly overlap your meat slightly to create room for heat to distribute in all of the meat evenly. If you see that the meat is overcrowding inside your pan, we suggest using a separate pan instead. Remember that the quality of the meat depends on how you cook it as well.
Be mindful of the water you are going to add because it will determine how moisture the meat will be. You can use chicken broth to add more flavor to the meat, but water is excellent itself.
Ensure to bring it to a gentle boil overheat. Once it is boiling already, reduce it to low heat and let it simmer for 8 to 16 minutes, depending on how much meat you are cooking in the pan.
After that, check for the doneness of the meat. Ensure that the temperature of the meat reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If the chicken is dry or tough, it is overcooked. To easily shred the chicken, you can slice it using a fork, or to make it easier, use a hand mixer.
In storing shredded meat, you can refrigerate it once it cools down for up to four days. You can also freeze it for two months just to ensure to squish all the air in the bag.
Blackened Chicken Salad
It is a perfect summer meal that is easy to prepare. We can ensure that delicious flavors await in dishes like this. It is constituted of grilled peaches and tomatoes with chicken, seared in a cast-iron pan. When somebody says that they are blackening a chicken, it doesn't mean that the meat will look like a lump of real black pitch meat. It is a process of dipping the meat into melted butter then coating it with herbs and spices. Then you will sear the meat into a cast iron, and the result is a deep brown color of the meat.
Spicy Chicken Salad
To add some spike in your usual chicken salad, you just add some chili sauce to it. It is like the Asian Chicken salad but made different with chili oil for that perfect spicy flavor. We can ensure that delicious flavors await in dishes like this.
Did you know that eating spicy foods have a good effect on your body? Check out the following benefits.
- Weight loss: Capsaicin present in spicy foods heats your body and improves your metabolism. In this sense, your body tends to burn calories faster.
- Relieves depression - Capsaicin also works as an endorphin. It acts like serotonin, which detects heat from the spice and treats it like pain. This is the reason why you feel great whenever you eat something spicy. And it is the same reason why spicy things are quite addictive as well.
- Reduces chances of having cancer - Capsaicin is antioxidant and prevents cancer-causing agents from forming and spread in the body.
- Improves heart health - Chilis reduces the damaging effect of LDL, which is bad cholesterol. It also fights inflammation-promoting good heart health.
- Digestive health - also Capsaicin increases the stomach fluid resulting in improved digestion. If you notice, whenever you are eating spicy food, you are drooling too much. What happens to your stomach as well to avoid burning your stomach walls and intestine too much.
- If you are experiencing arthritis and neuropathic pain, relieve pain, grab anything spicy to eat to alleviate the pain.
We know that you are already itching to eat this spicy dish. For those who don't have a penchant for spicy food but would like to try them, we have some tips for you to start up your spicy kitchen venture.
- Build your tolerance by starting small - Of course, you can't just order the spiciest one, then tolerate what happens in your mouth. It is a constant step by step process that you have to endure. Start first from the slightest hint of heat on t=your dish, then elevate the level of heat one level at a time. Never start from the spiciest one because you are going to torture your taste buds.
- Eat slowly - whenever you are trying to eat something spicy, eat slowly! This is to avoid overwhelming your taste buds. Enjoy the moment and let your taste buds adjust to the spice's heat for you to be comfortable.
- Spice on the side, please - this can be associated with building your tolerance. If you are ordering something spicy outside, ask the waiter or cook to put hot sauce on a separate plate. It will be your way of knowing how much heat your taste bud can take.
- Ready your coolant - There is a wrong belief that water can wash away the heat of any spicy food, but believe us, it will just ignite the fire even more! What you have to ready is something dairy. A glass of milk is perfect for nullifying the heat of the chili. Others would include coconut water, coconut milk, vodka, or beer. You can also have yogurt on the side if you want something to relieve the heat even more.
- Don't force yourself! - If following all these steps would not even help you eat spicy foods, then that's it! You don't have to torture yourself even more. Besides, there is nothing wrong with not eating spicy foods, to begin with. Everyone has their food preference, and it just happens yours doesn't include spicy foods.
Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad
It is an original Wendy's salad recipe that has been discontinued. This variant of chicken salad with quinoa, some type of beans, cherry tomatoes, and romaine. What makes it unique is the combination of hummus and vinaigrette that creates a robust flavor.
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipes
All you need is bread, may it be loaves, buns, or baguettes; it's perfect enough to be filled with that leftover chicken salad you had over dinner. It is a perfect healthy snack for your kids or quick and easy lunch for those busy days. We can ensure that delicious flavors await in this recipe.
To highlight the benefit of eating this sandwich, here are some of the things that you need to know about this sandwich.
The United States of America usually has the sandwich as their breakfast or lunch because it is packed with the energy needed for your day's busy start. They even call jit their staple food. Some studies also say that the energy in a chicken salad is almost equivalent to any staple food.
Aside from that, it is easy to prepare, so this is the perfect meal for working professionals. You can prepare your chicken salad beforehand, then just spread it between loaves or a baguette and bring it on the go.
You don't have to worry about the calories it will give to your body because we can assure you it will be minimal. In this sense, it is the perfect duet partner for those who are busy but are on a diet simultaneously.
This salad sandwich is nutritious enough to keep you healthy even if you eat it on a picnic lunch. Also, it is rich in fiber, making your metabolism perform perfectly on your body. You can try using whole wheat loaf to ensure that it will be super nutritious.
Furthermore, this meal's protein is to the roof because chicken is one of the great protein sources in all of the meat types. Aside from that, this recipe is very versatile. Even the ingredients that you can have in Canada are unlimited.
Chicken Pasta Salad
The combination of Pasta and Chicken Salad can never go wrong. We can ensure that delicious flavors await in recipes like this. It is also great for picnics and parties. It is great paired with a salad, macaroni pasta, and rotini. One of my favorites is chicken macaroni salad, with many pineapples, raisins, and potatoes.
Just a tip in using pasta in this recipe is to use dried pasta instead of fresh ones. This is because it is cheaper, readily available, and holds up much better than a fresh one when tossing with the dressing. The length of time before it spoils is shorter as well.
You also need to choose the right shape, length, and size of the pasta you are using. Salads like this should use short in length kinds of pasta like farfalle or fusilli because it is easier to serve and eat. Your guests will have this pasta on your salad because they don't have to swirl long pasta lengths in a fork or have something to slurp on.
Also, the pasta that you will use should have something to trap in the salad dressing. This is to ensure that you will have a taste of those beautiful flavors. Also, you have to cook your pasta to perfection for you to have a better pasta experience. Cook your pasta in salty water. Don't shy away from too much salt because you will throw that pasta water in the end eventually.
You also have to cook beyond the al dente requirement. When pasta cooked in al dente tends to be chewy when it is cold or at room temperature already, cooking beyond al dente will keep the moisture to avoid chewiness. Also, coat your pasta while it is still warm because it coats perfectly in these conditions.
Chicken Taco Salad
Who doesn't love tacos? Everyone goes crazy about them. Instead of the classic beef and salsa, having a broiler salad over those crunchy, crispy tacos is also a perfect appetizer or snack. We can ensure that delicious flavors await in recipes like this.
When we think of salad, most of us believe it is healthy. Depending on the ingredients you use, it can be beneficial, nutritious, and filling. It also depends on the chicken parts you will use; the lesser the skin, the healthier it is. Dressings, like vinegar, citrus juices, and oils, have lower calories. To keep your poultry meat salad healthier, just add more veggies and try serving them with leafy greens instead of bread or toast.
Salad dressing plays a big part in how your salad dish will turn out, whether it's the taste or the texture. Thus, here are some helpful tips you can use if something goes wrong with your salad dressing.
If your dressing is too sweet, you can add more mayo and salt or soy sauce to balance the sweetness. Honey is helpful as well.
There's not enough flavor– add some minced garlic or shallots. You can also add some herbs, like mint or parsley. Adding cheese also gives the salad more flavor.
Of course, the chicken is the star of this dish. The texture and taste of the chicken will play a significant role. The perfect way to cook chicken is to ensure that it is completely defrosted before boiling them to avoid drying out the meat.
In a pan, try to overlap the chicken and only add 1 inch of water or broth. Once the water boils, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 6-8 minutes. Ensure to check the chicken once in a while as it simmers. This way, the chicken will stay tender, plus it will be juicy too.
Best Serve With
The Best Chicken salad can be eaten as a side dish, snack, or even a main dish for a party or picnic. Some types of food are great paired to it when eating.
Potato Chips– this is going to be a hit in any gathering. Dipping the potato chips in your broiler salad can be the best snack ever.
A bowl of soup– any kind of soup is a good match for this healthy filling salad during a meal. My favorite is crab and corn soup.
We are glad that you have stayed with us up to the end of this article. We believe that you should know healthy recipes like this widely because of the health benefits it provides. Plus, it is also a must-know for working professionals and busy people. Now that you have a guide plus a new knowledge of new recipes like this cook your version and enjoy!
For more delicious recipes, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken breast sliced into cubes
- ¼ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ¼ Salt
- 2 teaspoon Yogurt
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, put-in chicken breast and mix with yogurt, mayonnaise.
- Then season with salt and pepper. Mix until the ingredients are well-blended with the chicken.
- Serve with lettuce. Share and enjoy!