Craving seafood but clueless about what dish you are into? It's then time to learn how to make the Best Halabos na Hipon. Surely, it's a quick and easy seafood dish.
Given the fact, you don't need to go to a restaurant to eat this exquisite dish yet; you can make your homemade dish. With that, we will give you the concept of doing so. There are other variations that this cuisine can be.
For this reason, you will also know different ways to make this dish, including other significant information such as readjustment, trivia, and tips. Interestingly, what you need is to be creative. Whether to improve or build up a menu and use whatever is available to you.
What is Best Halabos na Hipon Recipe?
Halabós or scalding is a Tagalog word, which means "to scald in saltwater." It is a Pinoy cooking process consisting of Shrimp, crab, or other crustaceans made with salt and dilute. The modern versions of this dish add spice and use carbonated lemon drink instead of the classic version for the better and sweeter sauce.
Scalding is one of the easiest and common ways of preparing shellfish recipes in the Philippines. Traditionally, it only requires boiling the whole unshelled prawn or other crustaceans with liquids and a bit of salt within one to three minutes until they turn reddish-pink. Nothing else needs to add, and its ingredients are only allowed to stew in their juices.
However, this cuisine is mostly served at restaurants or other social gatherings, often made at home. You don't have to worry in terms of cost because its ingredients are affordable and can be found nearby. With that, this is not only applied like the standard version. But then, there are also other excellent dishes for this cuisine.
Some other delectable variations may add some flavor to your dish. You can also try these below:
As the name suggests, the recipes are composed of garlic and butter. This variant made the dish more delicious as its ingredients blended well.
It is so simple to make. Yet, it is a great source of vitamins A and K. Aside from the light taste it provides, combining the two ingredients is a fusion of herb and essential oil with many benefits.
Halabos na Hipon with Oyster Sauce
On top of that, you may also love the recipes with oyster sauce. Aside from the classic menu, you add an oyster sauce to the dish. This version is much similar to the classic one.
With this, the oyster sauce adds a lot of flavor to these recipes. It is free of cholesterol and has approximately no fat. And has a lot of sodium that helps a body keep fluid in a normal balance.
Chili Garlic Butter
Are you a spicy lover? Then, this one might be perfect for you. Like the other one, it is an enhanced version of it where you add chilies and pepper to the recipes for a more flavorful dish.
Surely, this variant is a winner given its quick and easy steps to follow. It has a great result, indeed.
When making food, mistakes are unavoidable. Just make sure you make it right. Of course, we can surely help you with that.
- When the taste is too tangy, you may add butter to make it creamy. It can make the dish's taste seem milder.
- Add a little pepper and salt if it gets bland.
- If it is too spicy, add a little sugar to neutralize.
- Pour more lime juice into the food to rescind the sweetness.
To improve your dish and to provide everything we can. Here are some guides that might help you achieve the perfect dish you will ever have:
- Reduce the heat when melting butter to prevent burning it.
- Refuse the heat once the shrimps change their colors to prevent overdoing.
- Buy fresh prawns. To recognize if your prawns are fresh, check if it has that fresh seawater smell. If yes, then that is okay. But if the odor coming from this is ammonia-like, then it is not fresh at all. This is an indication that it is nearly rotting already.
- It will also be a temptation to buy frozen prawns instead of fresh one because of availability. But you need to be aware of what frozen prawns can give you. Here are some: salmonella is often found in frozen packages like prawns. In addition, frozen prawns also degrade the quality of the meat, especially if it has frozen bites. You will see this as it finishes on the heat.
- Soak the shrimps with lemon-lime soda for more sweetness.
- Drain shrimps very well to avoid too much liquid being expelled.
- Add one spoon of oil and mix it with the butter to prevent it from burning quickly.
Trivia about this recipe
Did you know that prawns are rich in high-quality minerals and proteins and low in fat contains? Eating this can offer a person several key nutrients, which may be good for their heart and cardiovascular health. There are also more benefits to having a dish.
Best Serve with
For the tastier and more satisfying menu, it can be served with other sauces and side dishes.
- Rice- this menu is perfect with rice and can be the viand that makes you and your family a great eater! You can also opt to have fried rice as it will enhance the flavor of the rice. You can have the famous egg fried rice if you want to.
- Vinegar and Minced Garlic Dip are the all-time favorite "sawsawan" (sauce) of the Pinoy. A healthier, flavorful sauce is lower in sodium to serve with any Filipino Dish or any menu. Try this!
- Diced Green Mangoes - is a classic Filipino side dish. You can also use any mangoes you have (if you don't have any green mangoes) for a more delicious and fresh side dish. Having a sour pair for this amazing dish is always an option! It is to balance out the flavor that will attack your taste buds. Don't you believe it? Then you better try it!
- Mixed Vegetables- vegetables are great, paired with prawns and other crustaceans.
- Fish- having fish with our menu will level up its taste and your eating.
- Pineapple Juice- it is the finest combination with the menu that will complete your meal. Of course, we know that having many prawns in one sitting will cause your blood pressure to spike up! And this is not a nice thing to deal with. To alleviate that, we recommend having a drink of pineapple juice.
This is because pineapple juice contains minerals and vitamins that help lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Plus, it gives a wash to that prawn after taste. For sure, the sweet acidic healthy drink will give you that amazing meal finish. So enjoy your pineapple juice.
Generally, this menu is indeed the easiest and simplest to make if you just know-how. You don't even have to go to any restaurants to eat this exquisite cuisine, but you can make it yourself at home.
Now, make this delicious Scalded Prawn menu and share it with your loved ones. A quick and very easy dish for very busy days or any occasion. We hope that all the information given above might be helpful to you.
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Halabos na Hipon Recipe
- 1 lb Shrimp large
- 1 tablespoon Salt to taste
- 1 cup Sprite (soda)
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- Clean the shrimp and deveined. Let it dry.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Then put the shrimp into the pan. Pour-in the soda and season it with salt. Cover and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Pour-in the oil and let the shrimp absorb the oil.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and eat with vinegar. Enjoy!