For those struggling to get a balanced and healthy food that won’t compromise the flavor, recipes like this will benefit you a lot. In this blog, we will satisfy not only your cravings but your nutritional needs as well. Consider having a full-package meal by knowing how to cook the rich-tasting mixed veggies.
Rich tasting Mix Vegetables is one of Filipinos’ specialties as they have many variations to make it more flavorful and savory. They often served it during occasions or gatherings like fiesta (festival). Nonetheless, no need to wait for that day to come if you can cook homemade rich-tasting mix veggies now!
Like meat, vegetable recipes can also have a fantastic flavor and look fancy. It is only a matter of choice of ingredients, right blends of dressing, and an enticing presentation. Hence, for you to achieve that, we will unveil all the cooking tips and techniques you should know for you to turn this bland vegetable dish into a delicious one. Let’s outset!
What Is Mixed Creamy Vegetables Recipes
Given the dish name creamy mix vegetables, recipes like this are various kinds of vegetables appealing to vegetarians, peeled and sliced in bite-size pieces, then cooked with its rich-tasting white dressing. You can put many veggies on, but there are usual kinds of veggies that are traditionally added. Consequently, you can still manipulate it depending on your flavor preference.
As mentioned above, it is traditionally served during occasions; that’s why it is more likely called a banquet dish. Even so, it can also be an everyday-meal for some. Knowing the ingredients and procedure, you can have recipes like this anytime you crave it.
Up to these days, no one can still figure out where the main root or origin of recipes like this is. Some say that it originated in China since many Chinese restaurants around the world offer recipes like this. However, it is only speculation and hasn’t been proven yet.
Wherever it is from, rich-tasting mixed veggies means so much for Filipinos. They gave recipes like this a name, and it is Sipo Egg, wherein quail eggs are always included in recipes like this. This Filipino version was marked and became popular since it originated in Pampanga, the Philippines’ culinary capital.
Rich tasting mixed veggies or so-called sipo egg could be your appetizer or part of the main dish. It is also perfect with bread or rice due to its rich-tasting and thick dressing.
The bulk of efforts goes towards preparing the ingredients. Perhaps, it can be paid off if you get the perfect blend and flavor. So, here’s the list of ingredients to guide you off.
- Potatoes – the juicy and soft flavor of potatoes when cooked gives delight to recipes like this. It also compliments the rich-tasting dressing. Likewise, potatoes are nutritious, too. It provides essential fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
- Chayote. – It has a mild cucumber-like flavor and gives a more robust flavor when combined with other veggies. That’s why it can be added to recipes like this. Like any other vegetable, it also has health benefits. It has a superior antioxidant that is perfect for lowering cholesterol.
- Carrot- is more visible than the other veggies since it has an orange color that gives a more appealing look to the dish. The earthy-sweet variants of carrots are better to include here, emphasizing the rich flavor of recipes like this.
- Green Peas – because of their sweet and starchy texture- gives rich-tasting mixed vegetables more exciting to eat. Moreover, it is packed with nutrients to sustain your body. It is high in fiber, low in fat, and contains no cholesterol.
- Corn – adding shredded CornCorn on recipes like this makes it look brighter. Likewise, the bitter yet sweet flavor of CornCorn makes it an overwhelming flavor when put into the white dressing of rich-tasting mixed vegetables.
- Baguio Beans: It is also known as green beans, giving extra crunch to your meal. When cooking, please take a moment to enjoy one before declaring them cooked. If it has a grass-like flavor, give them more minutes in the pot.
- Garlic adds intense flavor and aroma to recipes like this while sauteing, then eventually melted and has a mild nutty flavor. It makes your dish more savory.
- Onion- It gives aromatic and sweet flavor as associated with Garlic when sauteing. Eventually, it provides a bitter-sweet flavor like in your mixed vegetables.
- Fish Sauce – it gives umami flavors to the dish that makes it more interesting. It makes the dressing more complex and crave-able.
- Salt makes the bland flavor of other ingredients more palatable and helps bring out the natural flavors of vegetable ingredients.
- Ground Black Pepper – to add some spice, put off a pinch of ground black pepper to this rich-tasting dish.
- Nestle Cream could be a great partner of culinary experts, especially if their recipe is cream-based like recipes like this. Cream versatility allows you to make your dish more delightful and savory.
- Cornstarch – this acts as a binder and thickener of your dressing. So, if you want to have a more dense dressing, cornstarch will save you.
- Butter – the creaminess of this dish is noticeable when you add butter for sauteing. It is because it offers a richer flavor to the dressing.
- Water – is the primary medium of recipes like this is responsible for balancing the ingredient flavor like the saltiness, sweetness, creaminess, and more.
What Is The Dressing For Rich-tasting Mixed Vegetables
It depends on you what kind of white dressing you’ll use for your dish. Filipino version of the mixed vegetable dressing is quite different but more classic and straightforward than others. It is just a combination of the cream of mushroom and all-purpose flour. Putting some spices like ground black pepper will help to enhance the rich tasting flavor.
On the other versions, bechamel dressing is used. It is more complicated yet creaminess overload. It is made up of butter and flour mixed with milk and cooked over low heat until smooth and made thick. The milk can be scalded first, then season with onion and nutmeg.
You can also add varieties of ingredients to a primary bechamel dressing to make it more flavorsome. Examples are chopped parsley, grated cheese, white wine cooked and chopped mushrooms, sweetened onions, and other complementing flavors.
Ways To Cook Mixed Creamy Vegetables Recipes
If you are adventurous and want to know more tips on how to improve your cooking styles, catch up on these options.
Oven-baked Mixed Creamy Vegetables
If you want to explore more recipes like this, it calls for an oven-baked style of cooking. In this method, the creaminess will increase as it melted and linger the white dressing in your mouth. You have to steam the vegetables first, add the dressing, and finally bake to perfection.
Since this is baking, you are in control of everything. It depends on you how soft and rich tasting you like. In that way, you can adjust the time and temperature of baking. The longer it takes in the oven, the more delicate and rich tasting it becomes.
Vegetable Casserole Mix
In this way of cooking, it is usually capable of keeping the vegetables from burning. On that note, it will keep the dense texture of the dish. Moreover, vegetable casserole mix is one of the ultimate cooking methods because the dressing often masks the flavor.
Just make sure to cook or soften hard vegetables beforehand, and cut them all the same size. To ensure balance or even cooking. The difference from oven-baking is that it will not require a steaming process.
Slow Cook Mixed Creamy Vegetable
If you have the luxury of time, you may try the slow-cook method of rich-tasting mixed vegetables. Slow cooking results in more tenderized vegetables. Also, it brings out the flavors of the dish.
Variations Of Mixed Creamy Vegetables
For you to be amazed more, here’s the different distinction of rich-tasting mixed vegetables that you can choose.
Creamy Mixed Vegetables with Shrimp and Quail Eggs with Sauce Recipes
This is the standard version of recipes like this for Filipinos. As mentioned, it is their authentic sipo egg. They combine Shrimp during sauteing, which adds to the aroma while cooking.
Eventually, they will add boiled quail eggs to the later part of cooking. They find these added ingredients perfect mingling to the white dressing and additional bite for mixed frozen greens.
Creamy Mixed Frozen Vegetables with Ham or Luncheon Meat Recipes
Another way to enjoy recipes like this is to add a sweet and smoky flavor of sliced ham or luncheon meat. This mild-meat flavor readily takes on the flavor of the dressing upon putting on the final glaze.
Besides adding flavors, ham and luncheon meat has a perfect protein source, essential minerals, and B-vitamins to sustain your nutrition needs. Hence, it makes it more interesting to try on.
The frozen veggies are a perfect combination of this type of meat because it is easy to prepare. Also, luncheon meat and ham can be stored for a more extended period so as frozen greens.
- Vegan, rich-tasting Mixed Vegetables
Patently, you will not put meat (processed,frozen or not) in your dish if you are on a vegan diet. Good news because this version is made for you since the primary ingredients are vegetables.
However, if you worry about butter, you can replace it with vegetable oil. Also, use almond milk as well as dairy-free cheese in making up your dressing. Nothing can stop you from cooking recipes like this.
2. Gluten-free Mixed rich-tasting Vegetables
For a gluten intolerance, worry no more as the white dressing is made up of dairy products, which means safe for gluten. However, always check the label to make sure. On the other side, you might ask, how is your ingredient flour? Well, it can be replaced with cornstarch. Just use half the amount of it.
3. Mixed rich-tasting Vegetable with Tuna
You can’t get enough by adding a can of tuna to recipes like this. To become tastier, mix it with mayonnaise, lime, and a little bit of soy sauce, before tossing it into the other ingredients. It may sound weird, but once you eat it, it’s incomparable.
4. rich-tasting Mixed Vegetable with Ground Pork
Pork and vegetables in one dish made possible with this version. While sauteing Garlic and onion, put the ground pork and simmer. In recipes like this, meaty ground pork is intended to use as fatty parts aren’t complementing the rich-tasting dressing.
5. rich-tasting Mixed Vegetable with chicken liver and gizzard
Another option to try on is to cook this rich-tasting mixed vegetable with chicken liver or gizzard. This contributes to the complex flavor of the dish. It has a soft meaty squishiness flavor that tastes like chicken’s dark meat, but still pleasant and not overwhelming. It blends well with the richness of recipes like this.
Troubleshooting The Veggies Recipes
Whether you like it or not, you can still encounter some conflict on your dish. Let us give you remedies to manipulate it.
- If it gets too watery, it’s maybe because you put too much milk, water, or any liquid ingredients. To save your dish, add the proper amount of flour, cornstarch, and cheese, then bring it to a boil. These ingredients will help the dressing bind and be thick, whereas boiling tends to evaporate the excess liquid from the dish.
- If it becomes too salty, add grated cheese to neutralize the flavor.
- If it becomes too sweet, add a tablespoon of fish sauce to overpower the flavor and balance the sweetness.
Tips In Perfecting The Recipes
To have more tasty rich-tasting mixed vegetables, we stratified all tips for you so that nothing can stop you from cooking recipes like this.
Preparation and Cooking;
- A tangy surprise! Adding a squeeze of lemon juice before cooking your vegetables helps to enhance each flavor of the ingredients.
- Make a twist version of recipes like this by adding a cheesy blend. Garnish it with mozzarella or parmesan cheese right after cooking and let it melt. This cheesy delight will sure add a tasty and salty, fantastic flavor to recipes like this. Aside from this, kids also love cheesy meals, and it can guarantee that you will make your children dive into this meal. Not just kids but adults who are not eating veggies will love this cheesy transformation.
- To infuse your vegetables with mouth-watering aromas, saute them in olive oil, Garlic, and herbs of your choice like basil, thyme, and spices.
- Spice them up by adding sliced mushrooms and tomatoes on top of the cooked dish. Then, chop up a jalapeno pepper (it depends on how spicy you like) and add it to the vegetable mix.
When you want to have thicker dressing;
- Watch the dressing vigilantly to avoid the dressing from boiling. High heat can cause dairy to separate, which will ruin the consistency of the dressing.
- You can add thickener as a second option, such as starch or flour.
- If you are working to make this meal shelf-stable, replace the milk and cream with evaporated milk.
Best Served With
- Warm Rice: Because Filipinos love rice, it is always enjoyable to eat recipes like this with warm rice. To taste is to believe.
- Fried Fish – vegetable recipes are always compatible with any fried fish. Hurry and fry your favorite Fish to be a partner with your rich-tasting mixed vegetables.
- Buffalo Wings – the finger-licking richness of our mixed vegetables will blend more as you have fried buffalo wings. This calls for extra rice!
- Chili Sauce – eating rich tasting recipes li today is even better when you spice it up by adding chili dip. It will boost your appetite more.
- Soft drinks – right after eating, you will “burp” once you slurp your favorite soft drinks.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to creating vegetable recipes like this due to its versatility. That’s why we are pleased to help you find out the variations and ways to cook them so that you can confidently add it to your platter the next time you plan to cook.
Whether for an occasion or a simple day, a rich-tasting mixed vegetable dish is ready to satisfy your cravings. Plant seeds of happiness in your loved one’s tummies and hearts by whipping up this dish! Now that you learned how to cook the rich-tasting mixed vegetable, hurry and try it, too.
We are excited to hear from you about the results of your cooking session. Good luck!
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Superb Creamy Mixed Vegetable Recipe
- 2 pcs Potatoes diced
- 1 pc Chayote diced
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 pc Onion diced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 pc Carrot cubed
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1/2 cup Shrimp shredded
- 8 pcs Quail eggs boiled
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Corn shredded
- 6 pcs Baguio beans cut into 1/2 inch
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Nestle cream
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch melted
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 pc Bell pepper cubed
- Melt the butter in a cooking pan.
- Once the butter melts, saute garlic and onion until brown.
- Add the shrimp then season with fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir well.
- Then put-in potatoes, carrots, chayote and shredded corn. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the green peas, baguio beans, quail eggs and bell pepper. Pour-in nestle cream and melted cornstarch then stir well. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve while hot. Enjoy!