Best Papaitan Recipe
- 1/2 lb Ox tripe
- 1/2 lb Cow's small intestine
- 1/2 lb Cow's heart
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 thumb Ginger cut into strips
- 1 pc Onion cubed
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Bile
- 2 pcs Red chilies cut into strips
- 2 pcs Green chilies cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Calamansi juice extract
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Tamarind juice extract
- 5 cups Water
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil is hot, saute garlic until brown.
- Add ginger and onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put-in ox tripe, cow's small intestine and cow's heart.
- Season with salt and pepper. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Then add 3 cups of water, vinegar, calamansi extract, tamarind extract and bile. Boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add another 2 cups of water, then put-in the chilies. Bring to a boil.
- Serve while hot!
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 369mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 3mg