Best Sinigang Na Bangus Sa Bayabas Recipe
This is another variation of stewed milkfish, but this time it's complemented with guava fruit. Such a good dish especially for the rainy season.
Servings 4 people
- 1 pc Milkfish cleaned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 bunch Swamp Cabbage (kangkong) stem removed
- 1/2 kg Guava halved and seeds removed
- 4 pcs Okra head removed and halved
- 1 pc Eggplant cut into oblique
- 2 pcs Green Chili
- 2 pcs Taro Fruit peeled and cut into 3 pieces each
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 pc White Onion cut into 4 pieces
- Pour 2 cups of water in a pot, then put the guava. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, use a strainer or clean cloth to extract the juice from the guava. Set aside the guava juice.
- In another pot, pour 4 cups of water, sprinkle with salt and bring to boil.
- When it's boiling already, toss in taro fruit. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add onion, okra, eggplant, and green chili. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, toss in swamp cabbage leaves, sugar, and guava juice. Simmer.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 521mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 780IU | Vitamin C: 286mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg