Best Tupig Recipe
A traditional dessert/snack from the Philippines that is made of powdered glutinous rice and coconut milk. Its creamy and sweet flavor will complete your day.
Servings 4 people
- Grilled banana leaves for the wrapper
- 1/2 kg Glutinous rice powdered
- 2 1/2 cups Coconut milk
- 2 cup Young coconut strips
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter
- In a bowl, combine powdered glutinous rice, coconut milk, young coconut strips, and sugar. If the mixture is not that sticky add more powdered glutinous rice.
- Add 1/2 cup of mixture in the center of the banana leaf and wrap it by rolling and fold the edges to avoid dripping. The size of the output should be 1 inch wide and 6 inches long.
- Do the same procedure with the remaining mixture.
- Light up the charcoal in a griller, and put the wrapped tupig mixture on the griller, but make sure that ember is already present on the charcoal before you start grilling.
- Grill each side of tupig for 3 minutes.
- Once the banana leaf is charred on all sides remove the tupig from the grill.
- Let it cool for a while. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 1293kcal | Carbohydrates: 216g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 105g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 7mg