Noodle food recipes are among the most sought-after dishes in the Philippines, especially on special occasions. We look forward to our recipes when we feel under the weather. So, if you want to lift your mood, it's perfect for you to learn how to cook the Pares.
Having a hot Beef Noodle soup in cold weather is such an ideal set- up. Everything seems to be in their perfect places with a slurp of the savory soup and bite with the thin and tasty noodles.
With that in mind, we have prepared for you all the information you need in making your version of Pares. From the ingredients, recipes, preparation, procedures, variations, tips, and trivia. We have it all for you, so don't worry and start with your Pares recipes.
What is Best Beef Mami (Pares Mami Noodles Soup)
Pares is a Beef Noodle soup and is a fusion of Chinese and Filipino noodle cuisine. There are different versions of mami like pork and chicken, but beef is the most famous and tastiest.
It is a dish made with different parts of the beef. Most commonly used is the beef brisket or flank. But you can also use other parts like the ribs or tenderloin. Other ingredients include boiled egg, pechay Baguio, and young onion.
This featured dish originated from the Philippines and was given birth by a Chinese immigrant named Ma Mon Luk, who was well-known as the creator of mami.
Before the term, "Mami" from the word "ma" (means Mother) and "mi" (means noodle) came to life, initially named as "gupit" (a Tagalog term which means "cut")
Many noodle recipes are very popular in the Philippines, but you can never go wrong with Pares. It is even sold on the streets, as it can be your go-to food whenever you're hungry.
Ways to Cook (Pares Mami Noodles Soup)
One good thing with Pares recipes is that you can cook it anywhere you want, here we prepared some of the cooking methods that can help you. Make your version of Pares in your comfort.
In using this cooking technique, you can surely save time and effort. With the help of a multi-cooker, you can cook every ingredient at once, except for those put as an additional ingredient. Don't worry about the taste, as it will give you the same taste as to how it tastes when cooked traditionally.
If you lack time to cook a classic home meal, this method is perfect for you. It is simple, yet will give you a kind of perfect-tasting Beef Mami.
Another technique on the list that will be useful in cooking the featured recipes is the stove. This method will be perfect for you if you want to follow the step-to-step process of cooking Pares.
This method will require you to exert your efforts from sauteing the onion and garlic, putting the beef and other seasonings, simmering the beef until tender, to wait for everything to boil.
It sure is much work but guaranteed that this featured dish would satisfy your cravings.
Other Delicious Variants
Fortunately, Pares recipes are flexible that have numerous variations and versions. You might want to find out more about it, so here we present it to you.
Beef Pares Mami
It is also a noodle soup from the combination of Beef Pares and Pares. In this dish, you use a different kind of noodle, which is the Miki noodle.
In this recipe, one thing to look forward to is its beef stock, where the beef is perfectly seasoned with salt and pepper.
This variation is very famous in the Philippines, to the point that it is available in the streets and all over the Philippines. It is widely known for having delicious in its category and is truly considered everyone's comfort food.
Beef Mami Bulalo
Another version you can try is the Best Beef Mami Bulalo. Bone-in beef shank and fresh eggs are the main ingredients to obtain this perfect recipe.
Bone-in Beef shank is a part of beef that is perfect for Beef Mami Bulalo, just a slurp of soup from the inside of the tender pieces of beef is already enough to satisfy your taste.
On the other hand, fresh egg noodle is a specific type of noodle ideal for this featured dish variation.
It gives off a richer flavor, as the selected part of the beef provides additional flavor and makes the dish even tastier. This variation is especially famous in places with cold weather.
Just like the classic Pares recipes, this variation of the featured dish also uses beef shank. It has a delicious and savory soup, tender beef, a bit of spicy but rich broth, noodle, and bok choy.
The perfect result of this variation is to cook with an instant pot. Taiwanese style of Pares turns out to have a rich and tasty flavor, dark broth, and beef shank that splits apart any minute you touch.
The Chinese style of Pares is the original variation before coming up with the Taiwanese style. With the same ingredients to the same cooking method, everything is the same aside from the visual presentation.
The most famous Chinese Noodle soup is the Lanzhou Beef Noodle with a very flavorful and clear taste. This dish is particularly hot and spicy, perfect for bringing your sweat out.
What more trivia do you need to convince you of how heavenly- delicious Pares recipes? We have listed for you some nutritional benefits you can get from this delightful meal.
- Beef- is naturally rich in protein that helps with our muscle growth. It also provides iron and essential vitamins like B6, B12, niacin, and riboflavin needed by our body.
- Beef bone broth- is rich in minerals that will help in strengthening our bones. This ingredient contains vitamins, essential fatty acids, and amino acids.
- Pechay Baguio- has all iron, phosphorus, zinc, calcium, vitamin K, and magnesium that contributes to maintaining and strengthening the bone structure.
- Star Anise- is used as traditional Chinese medicine as a tea treatment for respiratory infections, constipation, nausea, and other digestive health problems.
- Black pepper is high in antioxidants, lowers blood cholesterol levels, and stimulates hydrochloric acid in the stomach to better digest food.
- Miki noodle- can give us energy in the form of carbohydrates, sugar, and fiber.
- Young onion- is loaded with antioxidants, boosts digestive health, controls blood sugar level, and contains cancer-fighting components.
- Hard-Boiled egg- is a perfect protein source and rich in vitamin B, zinc, calcium, and other necessary nutrients and antioxidants needed by our body to function well.
Here are some tips to help you with your version of the featured dish to achieve the perfect tasting and savory Pares recipes.
- To make the bone part delightful, add additional seasoning while boiling the beef.
- Use the right type of noodle that will perfectly complement your chosen variation of Pares.
- Perfect choices for a beef cut that is perfect for Pares would be Beef brisket and Beef chunk.
- Make sure to put an exact amount of seasoning to achieve your ideal taste of Pares.
- Make sure your noodles are perfectly cooked.
Errors are unavoidable when cooking, even with simple recipes like this one, so here are some solutions to help save your dish.
- One common problem is when your Pares is too bland, add an exact amount of fish sauce to remedy your soup's taste. No need to reheat.
- Another common problem we encounter in cooking this featured dish is noodles. When the noodles are not undercooked, you might want to mix them with the freshly cooked broth to soften them. When the noodles slightly exceed the boiling time needed, soak them in cold water not to overcook the noodles.
Best Serve With
Want to have an idea of what dishes will perfectly go with your Pares. We have prepared three dishes out of all many dishes that can match your Great Pares recipe.
- Puto Pao- is a unique Filipino delicacy from the combination of two different dishes are Puto and Siopao. These two dishes would complement the taste and texture of each other.
- Pork Dumpling- is served as a side dish to the Pares. Dumpling is a dish made with dough wrapped around different fillings.
- Siomai- is a different kind of dumpling wrapped in wonton filled with pork, beef, or shrimp. It is a perfect side dish partner for Pares.
Now you know the basic information you need in making Pares. We have everything prepared for you. Please start getting ready and take all your notes. After that, then you're all set to start making your version of Pares.
We hope we satisfy you as much as you want to satisfy your cravings!
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Beef Mami Recipe
For the Soup
- 1 kg Beef brisket
- ½ kg Beef bones
- ½ cup Onion sliced
- 1 head Garlic crushed into pieces
- 3 pcs Star anice
- 1 pc Onion cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 10 cups Water
- ½ kg Miki pour hot water onto the Miki noodles
- ¼ kg Pechay Baguio
- ½ cup Young onion chopped
- 2 pcs Hard boiled egg
- Fry half of the crushed garlic in a pan until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a pot, saute the remaining garlic until golden brown, and then add the onion. Mix until softened.
- Now add the beef brisket and beef bones into the pot, mix until brown.
- Season it now with salt and ground black pepper, mix then pour all the water into the pot and add star anice. Cover and bring to boil.
- When it is boiling already, lower the heat and boil it again for 1 ½ hour.
- After 1 ½ hour, check if beef is already soft, if not, boil it for 30 minutes more or until beef softened.
- Put Miki noodles into 4 bowls.
- Transfer the beef meat into a flat surface or chopping board, and thinly slice it.
- Put slices of beef meat in each bowl with Miki noodles. Add chopped young onion, a bit of fried garlic, sliced pechay baguio, and sliced boiled egg.
- Ladle soup into each bowl. Serve hot and enjoy!