Are you a meat lover? Do you love meatballs? If so, then how to cook the best Adobo Beef Meatball recipes is just right for you.
Preparing this dish could be tiring and frustrating if you don't know how you could pull this dish off. But, as you continue reading this article, we would provide every detail you need to pull this off.
Luckily, we've searched all the possible ways, variations, tips, and other dishes you could serve along with this dish for you to make the meatball you could serve with everybody.
So come and dive into this article to help you achieve your goal in developing your cooking skills, style, and ways to create an outstanding dish with the goodie meatball.
What is Adobo Beef Meatball
A meatball is a ground beef meat shaped into a small ball with minced onion, butter, eggs, seasoning, and bread crumbs. It has various types based on the different types of spices and meats. The way is through steaming, baking, frying, and braising in the sauce.
Meatballs, usually combined with spaghetti and other pasta dishes. But meatball is another dish you would love because it is salty and has a flavorful and delicate taste.
Today, adobo has a lot of variation, and one of these is the meatball.
Ways to Cook Adobo Beef Meatballs Recipes
Learning other ways of this famous meatball is a great help. It seems that the dish is very much adjustable, which you could do in various ways. So you could follow and take a look at these ways provided below.
Deep frying is a way to submerge in hot oil the food in a frying fan with a constant high heat temperature rate. It is between 350 degrees Fahrenheit to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It could fry the meat to perfection.
Using the deep frying method helps you fry the meatball perfectly that would go well with the sauce.
It is another way of making where the dry heat comes from the side, above and below the food. In grilling, you could grill the meat using the Maillard reaction, where the temperature reaches 310 degrees Fahrenheit.
Using this method makes the meatball maintain its delicate flavor, rich and indulgent taste, and most of its juices. You could expect that the meat is also soft and tender, making it mouth-watering when you add the sauce.
It is one of the convenient and easy ways to have your lovely meatball, especially when you make it with sauce. If you are a bit lazy to do the grilling and do not have an oven, then the stovetop method is suitable.
You could easily saute all the ingredients together and create a creamy and saucy dish, just like the meatball.
Other Delicious Variations and Recipes
Experimenting to create an enticing dish is interesting. It would give you many insights and knowledge. Meatballs could be done in many variations, in different manners. So, below you could find all the possible versions you might have to enhance the classic meatball.
Spicy Meatballs Recipes
This version of meatball is a spicy, tangy, savory, and delicious flavor. The process and steps are the same as the original meatball. This version's twist is the spicy flavor added to this dish that makes it hotter and exceptional.
For those people who love spicy food, then this variation is suitable for them.
With hard-boiled egg Recipes
It is another variation of the dish, which is also a traditional dish in any adobo cuisines. Its ingredients, process, and way of preparing this dish are the same as the original and classic.
The thing that makes it unique is this version is a hard-boiled egg. Usually, some people separate it to make sure that the egg is perfectly fine and then simmer it afterward to the mixture and the meatballs.
With Shrimp fried rice and egg
This version of the dish is perfect for serving during breakfast. Menu's sauce is complimentary with the fried rice and the seafood like Shrimp and, most of all, in egg, either boiled or fried. it is not a very common variation, but it is an amazing combination
Making this dish is no joke at all. If you accidentally add more soy sauce, it could be salty, and if you pour out a lot of vinegar, it could have a very sour taste. So, we've listed below some precaution measures to make the meatballs.
- If you pour out a lot of soy sauce in the mixture accidentally, you could add water to it.
- To eliminate the sour taste, add some sugar to it.
- If your sauce seems very watery, you could make it more for 3-5 minutes then turn off the heat.
Did you know that meatballs usually paired with pasta are an American invention and not an Italian version? But many thought it was Italian cuisine, but the truth is it is an American invention.
Many also believed that the country where meatballs originate is in Persia when the leftover meat is the main ingredient used to create a meatball known as Kofta. But others believed that ancient Romans developed the same dish, and they received the full recognition of the inventor of the meatball.
Tips are essential information, especially for beginners, to create and produce an amazing dish. So we listed some of the ideas that could help you minimize the errors you might occur when making this dish.
- Make sure that all the ingredients for your dish are available.
- Measure the right amount of soy sauce, vinegar, and other ingredients before putting it into the dish.
- When making the meatball, lower the stove's heat so that the mixture's flavor is nurtured from the outside to the inside of the meatballs.
- Constantly check if the meatball is soft and tender.
- You could also fry the meatballs before making it with sauce, not to take a long time of simmering to make the meatballs properly.
Best Serve With
Adobo is a great dish that must serve with other dishes. So, we researched all the possible dishes you could pair up with the featured menu.
- Hot-steamed rice is one of the perfect pairs of meatballs because of its plain taste, highlighting the dish's taste.
- Shanghai fried rice - is another rice dish that compliments very well with this dish. It allows the savory flavor to shine.
- Coffee - best partner with the meatball and fried rice, which makes you crave more of the dish, especially during breakfast.
- Pancit guisado - sauteed noodles are perfect to pair up with our featured dish.
- Ginisang Repolyo (sauteed cabbage) - vegetable recipes like cabbage are the best equalizer to the menus with high cholesterol components.
- Chopsuey - is a classic mixed vegetable of all time. Chopsuey is another vegetable dish that complements perfectly with the meatball. It could serve as a side dish along with the featured dish.
- Fish Fillet - a complete full course meal with majestic meat recipes, always including something crunchy and fishy taste.
- Mango Graham Cake - is a perfect dessert to cap the meal. Its sweet taste and flavor would give the featured dessert highlight.
- Minatamis na saging - Filipino dish sweet ripe banana with sweet and delicious syrup, perfect for this dish with salty and sour flavor and taste. Traditionally, many Filipinos love to eat minatamis na saging or just simply bananas after eating this dish.
- Pineapple Juice - A glass of ice-cold pineapple juice must be present when munching with a meatball menu. It could lessen the salt-sour taste of our dish.
- Beer- is another perfect pair to this dish because its bitter taste would surely complement the featured dish.
- Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta - is an Italian pasta that compliments very well with the meatballs since it is also famous on the Italian menu. Its savory and creamy taste is perfect for the meatball's succulent taste.
Overall, this meatball recipe is an outstanding dish that compliments very well with other dishes, whether a side dish, main dish, or dessert. It is a versatile recipe that could constantly serve on other occasions like birthdays, weddings, baptism, and many more.
Making meatballs is a bit burdensome and requires a lot of ingredients, which could be costly. But it is surely worth the price.
Upgrading it through different variations gives this dish an edge over other dishes. So, let us start and try to cook this amazing dish. We listed all the ideas you need to create a tastier and delicious dish than what you read.
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 pcs Onion large
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Cooking oil
- ½ tablespoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 pc Egg scrambled
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 pc Bay leaf
- ½ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt to taste
- ½ cup Beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch melted
- In a bowl, combine ground beef with onion, salt and pepper.
- Put-in the breadcrumbs and beaten egg then mix well.
- Then scoop a mixture of beef and form into circle. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, fry the meatballs until brown. Then remove some oil from the pan after frying.
- On the same pan, using the remaining oil, saute garlic until brown.
- Pour-in water and soy sauce, then add black pepper and bay leaf. Cook and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Then put-in the fried meatballs. Add the vinegar and beef stock, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the melted cornstarch and stir well for 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving plate. Eat, share and enjoy!