Best Buchi Recipe
A delectable round treats that are deep-fried over high heat. Filled with sweetened mongo beans.
Servings 4 people
- 2 1/2 cup Glutinous powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Sweetened red mongo cooked
- 1 cup Sesame seeds
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Oil
- In a pot, bring water to boil. When the water is boiling already, remove from heat and add the sugar. Stir until sugar melted.
- In a bowl, put 1 1/2 cup glutinous powder then pour the sugar mixture into the bowl. Mix well.
- Now add the remaining glutinous powder and press it well to make a dough.
- Shape the glutinous mixture into egg-sized balls. Put all glutinous balls onto a tray.
- Now flatten 1 glutinous ball using your hand and fill it with 1 tsp of sweetened red mongo, roll it again to wrap the filling.
- Do the same procedure with the remaining balls.
- Roll all balls onto the sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan, and cook all glutinous balls until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 935kcal | Carbohydrates: 153g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 50g | Calcium: 382mg | Iron: 7mg