Are you tired of eating plain corned beef recipes? Well then, here is the idea of how to cook the Best Corned Beef Guisado recipes.
Making new recipes is another task to do. It requires you to gain more knowledge with the new recipes. That’s why we decided to have this article to help you out!
Luckily, we already have all the pieces of information you need to know about these recipes. So, come and dig in and read everything written here to gain all the knowledge you need.
What is Corned Beef Recipes
The corned beef was a famous salt-cured brisket during world war I and world war II when the fresh meat was rationed. It is an exceptional ingredient in many foreign, national, and even regional recipes.
Typically, corn beef comes in two different forms, the canned one and the other is pickled or cured brisket in a seasoned brine.
In the Philippines, shredded buffalo or beef meat is the typical meat used in corn beef. There is a meat processing company that caters to create corn beef for mass production. They shredded, boiled, and canned it to sell in the grocery stores and supermarkets.
It is a staple breakfast food in the Philippines served with a fried egg on the side and a fried rice bowl.
Ways to cook Corned Beef Recipes
Just like the other recipes, you could have these recipes in many ways. So here are some ways that would surely help you when making it perfectly.
Sauteed Beef Hash Recipes
Saute is a method where you put a small amount of fat or oil in a pan with relatively high heat. It is a perfect way and searing small and even-sized food by shaking it and tossing it in the shallow pan.
When you are sautéing, all the ingredients are quickly and heated once. You could use oil or butter when using this method.
So in making the beef hash, this method is the perfect one. Its small and fine ingredients are made beautifully and not overcooked.
Boiled Beef Recipes
The boiling method of beef hash is a traditional way. Usually, you could put all the ingredients with water in a casserole or pan. Then you could start seasoning it with salt and pepper mixture to taste good and exceptional then boil it.
After you boil it, make sure the meat rests, then simmer it until the beef meat becomes tender for 15 to 20 minutes.
Wet Brisket Hash Recipes
Wet Brisket Hash is a way to prepare a moist sofrito or tomato sauce mixture and blend it with shredded beef and potatoes.
It makes the dish flavor delicious and succulent. It made the meat tender and moist with simple recipes. You could simmer it for five minutes and set it for 20 minutes to ensure that the potatoes are in its perfection.
Other Delicious Variations and Corn Beef Recipes
Variants of these recipes could satisfy your cravings for an upgraded version of this dish. These different variations would be a great help for you.
Beef Omelette hash
It is a wonderful version of corn beef upgraded using an egg to create an omelet.
The traditional corn beef hash turned into elegant and delicate recipes that could serve during breakfast and family gatherings.
Beef With cabbage Recipes
Do you want to make your classic corn beef recipes into a healthier version? Then, having it with cabbage is a suitable one for you.
It is a quick dish that helps you make your children eat vegetables and corn beef. The dish’s delicate and savory taste would capture their taste buds.
Corn Beef Fried Rice Recipes
Aside from the corned canned beef with cabbage recipes, another version would make you love corn beef more. It is the Beef Fried rice Recipes where egg, cabbage, onions, garlic, and rice is the main ingredient along with itself.
It is not a bowl of traditional fried rice but similar to the Shanghai Fried rice dish you would love to eat.
Corn Beef sandwich Recipes
Do you want a snack type version of the classic dish? Then, Beef sandwich recipes solve your cravings.
If you have corned canned beef and cabbage leftover, you could upgrade it into a sandwich where you could serve it during breakfast and snacks or bring it in your outing or picnic.
Corn Beef Lasagna Recipes
Beef lasagna is another sophisticated version of the corn beef dish. Instead of using ground meat, you could use your leftover corn beef to create delicate and delicious lasagna recipes which your family, friends, and loved ones would love to eat.
Corn Beef Onion Tart
This variation is very similar to the macaroni cheese hash, but the main ingredient is corn beef and onion. Of course, garlic wouldn’t be missing.
It would help if you made the pie filling. The ingredients to make the tart is corn, beef, and onion. It is easy to bake pie recipes that could update your traditional corn beef version and make your leftovers another spectacular dish.
Lumpiang Corned Beef
There are many leftovers from your corn beef dish in your dinner last night? Well, your leftovers could make another great dish, which is the lumpia version of the canned corned beef. Instead of using fish, pork, or chicken, your classic corn beef could be the main ingredient in this lumpia.
Corn beef soup is another version that is suitable for the rainy season. Instead of just sauteing the canned corned beef, you could add water. The process is the same as pork nilaga. The only difference is that you use corn beef as the meat instead of pork.
Are you a pizza lover? But too lazy to go outside to buy it, or you have a tight budget? Well, you don’t have to worry because corn beef pizza is here to satisfy your cravings at an inexpensive cost.
You could create a homemade pizza out of your corn beef recipes. All you need is the crust, cheese, corn beef, and the pizza sauce. Then your pizza craving would be satisfied.
Troubleshooting for Corn Beef
“Prevention is better than cure,” it isn’t only applicable to health and safety but also applies to this one. Before ruining delicate and wonderful recipes, here are some ways of fixing the recipes to make it better and more lovely.
- Add some water if you over seasoned it with salt.
- In contrast, if you put a lot of water in the recipes, you could add more seasonings or reduce the excess water.
Did you know that corned beef is also known as bully beef if canned or salt beef?
The word corn is from Old English and used to describe grains, hard or small particles. And the word “corned” could also refer to saltpeter or potassium nitrate, which is typically an ingredient used to preserve the meat.
It reached the Middle East and Europe. Then, the production of corned canned beef began during the British Industrial Revolution.
This dish is famous in the Philippines as the main dish and in other countries like North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Caribbean, New Zealand, Israel, and Hongkong.
Having a dish without any knowledge about it could be stressful. But Don’t worry, because we would like to help you create wonderful recipes. So, to create the finest and amazing recipes, get here some tips.
- Before making any recipes you want, make sure that all your ingredients are present and available in the market.
- Choose your ingredients wisely.
- Cabbage is a vegetable that is easier to do and soften, while potatoes are in contrast, you could set the potatoes then afterward the cabbage.
- When you are about to try making a homemade pizza, make sure that your pizza crust is thin enough, and your ingredients are good and would complement each other.
Best Served With
Serving corned beef with the perfect recipes complemented with its salty-savory taste is exceptional. Therefore, we researched some of the wonderful recipes you could choose from to serve with your corned beef.
- Hot-steamed rice – is a common food that Filipinos paired up to any food, including these recipes. It makes corn beef stand out since it is a bowl of plain rice. It complements the taste very well with the food.
- Seaweed salad – Since corned canned beef has many variations, it could be a great partner with it. It is still a slice of meat which complements so much with the vegetables.
- Braised Vegetables – is a saute vegetable that compliments as well in the corned beef. It tastes perfectly paired up with it.
- Fried Tilapia– if you try corned beef as a soup or with cabbage and potato, then it compliments very well with it since fried tilapia is a perfect pair with this dish.
- Banana Pudding – is a dessert great paired with corned beef since its sweet taste complemented the salt-savory taste of the recipes.
- Sweetened Saba Banana – the sweet taste of this sweetened saba banana complements successfully with the savory recipes like corned beef. It makes it stand out even more.
- Alpahor na Kamote – Like the sweetened saba banana, it compliments very well since this dessert is creamy and delicious. The savory and salty recipes like canned beef stand out with this great paired dessert because of its succulent flavor.
- Pineapple juice – is also perfectly paired up to canned beef especially if you upgraded it to beef lasagna, homemade pizza, and beef onion tart.
Finally, you have all the ideas and information you need to make extraordinary yet promising recipes that you could ever serve to your family.
Upgrading classic recipes could be difficult. But we provided you all the variations you could make in corned beef.
It is significant for someone to know how to make simple recipes and turn them into unique recipes. It is a life skill that you must have and acquire.
Making recipes that are enticing and attractive is another. Thus, the taste is always the king! Don’t just read it. You could try it!
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Ginisang Corned Beef Recipe
- 1 lb Corned beef
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 pcs Potatoes diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 pc Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Water
- Heat oil in a cooking pan.
- Saute garlic until brown. Then add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the corned beef and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour-in water and cook for 5 minutes or until it boils.
- Then add the potatoes and sprinkle with salt. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving plate. Enjoy!