Not everyone could cook a spectacular dish with a superb taste, especially when beef meat is the main ingredient. Fortunately, we already researched all the data you need to know about this classic dish.
Stop asking how? Start reading this article to find the top of the line and recommend ways, tips, troubleshooting, and ideas to cook the dish.
What is Asian Beef with Mushroom
The beef comes from the Latin word “bos” in contrast with the word “cou” or “cow” that comes from middle English or Indo-European.
This meat piece has been divided into primal cuts such as sirloin steak, ribeye steak, or flank steak for use in certain dishes. Prime cut beef meat characterizes the high-quality beef flesh. There are a lot of cuts in beef meat in a different application of it like this dish.
This sprout is an edible and fleshy fruit body of several macrofungi. It appeared in the ground or above the ground. It is an excellent source of umami flavor.
Beef and sprout complement each other very well. Therefore this dish would blow up your mind when you try cooking it.
So, what now? Come and let us cultivate ideas on cooking these inspired recipes.
Ways to Cook the Asian Beef Recipes
Simply cooking a dish could not be so attractive because it is plain. But discovering new methods would increase your knowledge and make your cooking journey easy and more convenient.
Stir-frying the Beef Asian dish is one of the easy ways of cooking it. It takes 30 minutes to prepare it.
It is a cooking method used in the Philippines and China, and the Western Regions. You need to fry all the ingredients in a very small amount of hot oil and stir it.
It is a method which is great when cooking vegetables and suitable for beef dishes.
A slow cooker is a way of cooking that is somehow different from an instant pot style because it takes 8 hours to cook the meat, especially beef. It makes the beef more tender, just like in the instant pot.
This cooking method wherein the 1940s became popularly known as the US’s crockpot because when some women started to work outside their homes, so they used it. It is a very convenient and easy way of cooking.
When you cook in an instant pot, especially the beef meat, you must cut and slice the flesh in small sizes, making it easier to cook. Also, you need to prepare the ingredients you need for these recipes and mix them well together. This method is perfect for beef with a sprout Asian dish.
Upgrading a classic dish could help you develop your skills in cooking. Below are the versions you could choose to serve the beef dish with a twist.
in oyster sauce
It is a dish that commonly serves in many Chinese restaurants. The recipes and ingredients are the same as the original beef with the sprout recipe the only thing added to it is the oyster sauce.
Oyster sauce complements very well with the beef because it enhances the natural flavor of it. Oyster sauce is healthier and tastes that would capture your heart.
This version is another exceptional dish you could do in the traditional beef with the sprout recipe. The process and execution are the same as the original one.
But, you need to add broccoli to make this dish outstanding and promising. Broccoli suits very well with beef. Its fresh, healthy, and natural taste empowers the meat when combined with it.
Beef with sprout could be a unique yet delicious upgraded recipe that could usually do under 30 minutes.
It has the same ingredients and process as the original one, but you can use flank steak or sirloin steak, and you need to make a Chinese brown sauce. The ingredients to make the Chinese sauce is the Chinese cooking wine and oyster sauce that you could buy in the market. It is very convenient and easy to make at home to serve with your family.
With creamy sauce
Are you a creamy dish lover? Well, if you are, then this variation of beef with sprouts is a suitable one for you.
It has a creamy sauce that is composed of sprout, creamy gravy sauce, and fork-tender beef. This variant has an indulgent and outstanding flavor, which is perfect for any occasion.
This wonderful version of beef meat is the main ingredient. The process of cooking is the same in the traditional one. You need to add kernel corn and all-purpose cream to this dish, and you made an exceptionally upgraded version of the beef with sprouts.
It is a creamier, succulent, and delicate dish that you could serve with your family lunch or dinner or even in any events.
Fixing the errors when you are cooking is essential. Adding or diminishing the use of different ingredients to make it the finest dish you could serve is a must. Luckily, we’ve searched some.
- If the sauce is too salty, you could add a little sugar and water.
- When you get a lump when mixing the cornflour or cornstarch, use cold stock to your sauce.
Did you know that beef with sprouts is a bit similar to the Lengua recipe? If you add kernel corn and all-purpose cream, its texture and creaminess are very closed to it.
It is great during breakfast or lunch, even when you are on a diet. It is the perfect pair of low-calorie food.
Each serving of this beef with sprouts provides 41 grams of protein, 14 grams of fat, 64 gram of carbohydrate, and 546-kilocalories.
Tips for cooking these Recipes
Tips are essential, especially when you are cooking alone. Therefore, supporting you with all the details you need to know to create a wonderful dish is listed below.
- A skirt of fillet steak or Ribeye steak would work in this dish as the main ingredient.
- Cut the meat correctly.
- Use ingredients that could easily be found in the market.
- Cook the dish in a suitable pan.
- Use baking soda for the coating to tenderize the meat when you cook it.
- Prepare all the ingredients you need, including the vegetables, before starting cooking.
- Before you start cooking, in a measuring cup, mix the sauce ingredients altogether.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan so that the meat would cook perfectly.
Best served with
The great dishes serve with food that complements right with the recipes you are cooking. Thus, here are some so that you could choose which one.
- Pineapple juice – is also perfectly paired up to beef taste. It would lessen the oiliness of the beef and refresh you together with this food.
- Buko Pandan – is a traditional Filipino dessert that compliments very well with the dish’s savory taste. Its sweetness highlighted this dish’s amazing taste.
- Minatamis na saging – is a sweet dessert that is perfectly suitable for this kind of food, which lessens the oiliness and highlights its taste because of its flavor.
- Hot-steamed rice – is a staple food that Filipinos paired up to any food, including this. It makes this food stand out and complement the taste very well with the food.
- Chicken noodles soup – soupy noodles match well with the beef recipes like this menu. It enhances one’s appetite.
- Mixed Vegetables – vegetables are an excellent pair with the beef. It complements well with the savory taste of the dish.
- Potato Croquettes – this dish complements our menu because the salt and savory flavor of potato croquettes would highlight the beef’s delicious taste with sprout dishes.
- Carbonara – since it has many variations and versions, you could choose from those suitable for this dish.
- Garlic Bread – If you prefer the variation with a creamy sauce and tasty sauce, then garlic bread is the perfect combo for the main beef dish.
- Mango graham – its luscious taste and flavor incorporate the salt and savory taste of the main beef dish. Its sweetness sustains the exceptional dish.
The delicate, rich, and mouthwatering taste of a certain dish is a must—no wonder why every cook wants their dish to stand out among others.
But before you achieve the taste, you need to know and learn all the ideas, strategies, and ways of cooking, which would help you a lot.
So, this article would like to give you the possible ways, different variants of the dish, and tips to guide you in cooking the beef with mushroom recipes you could cook for your family.
According to Alvin Leung, one of the top chefs in the world and the judge of MasterChef Canada, “Taste is King.” Regardless of the cost of the ingredients you used, the taste always matters. Hence, we hope that this would help you a lot!
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Asian Beef with Mushroom Recipe
- 1 lb Beef Sirloin thinly sliced and cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Oyster sauce
- 1 cup Mushroom sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pc Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch melted
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute garlic and onion for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Then add the beef, season it with soy sauce and black pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 3 cups of water and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining cups of water and simmer for 1 hour over low heat. Wait until meat is tender. Add water if necessary.
- Then pour-in the oyster sauce and mushroom. Add the diluted cornstarch into the pot while gently stirring.
- Transfer onto a serving plate. Eat while hot!