Do you want something new and dreamy? You don't want to miss out on this dish once you try it. Today's recipe will provide you with the things you need to know on how to make broccoli soup.
Often found and served in restaurants or hotels, this mouthwatering dish is what we will be bringing to life as a homemade broccoli cheese soup. This soup recipe is perfectly creamy, cheesy, and delicious.
If you’re not familiar with this recipe, we will introduce it in such a way that you’ll learn many things you need to know. From the fine ingredients down to the helpful tips, surely, you’ll have a grasp of them all. Plus, we’ll never leave you empty-handed regarding the juicy trivia about this food.
We are confident that this recipe will become your new all-time favorite. Despite the intriguing mix of cheese in the mixture, it is a combination that will change your mindset about it. Read on and learn how to make broccoli and cheese.
What Is Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Cheesy Broccoli soup is one of a kind with it's a distinct and unique but delicious taste. Soups that contain cheese as one of its main ingredients are initially from the American, Colombian, Mexican, Swiss, French, and Tibetan cuisines.
Broccoli and cheese soup is deliciously creamy, rich and thick with tender broccoli pieces together with melted cheese. Every slurp of this soup is heavenly. You simply can't go wrong with this cheese broccoli soup.
Furthermore, this cheesy broccoli soup is said to be a copycat and replica recipe from Panara Bread ( a famous American chain store of a bakery that offers pasta, salads, sandwiches, and soups like the cheese broccoli soup). They have just the similar taste and kind but tell a different story from each other.
Ways To Cook Cheesy Broccoli Soup
I bet you didn't know that there are other ways to cook cheesy broccoli soup. Listed below are the preferred styles and methods of cooking.
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Sometimes, a slow cooker makes the magic out of the dish. Broccoli cheddar soup slow cooker is the right choice when you have other things to do because you can get a few extra chores done while the slow cooker does its work.
When cooking in a slow cooker, whisk together first the butter and flour. Next, add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, including the chicken broth. Don't include the cheese and the milk yet.
After this, cook and leave it for 3 to 4 hours on high or on low for 5 to 6 hours. Moving on, just before your cheese broccoli soup is done, slowly pour and add the milk and then sprinkle cheese on top. Cook for another 20-30 minutes while stirring it occasionally.
Lastly, check if the cheese is all melted, and then it is ready to serve.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Crockpot
On the other hand, the broccoli cheddar soup crockpot is almost the same as with the slow cooker procedure. The slow cooker does all the work for you leaving you a delicious cheesy broccoli soup result that will have everyone spooning up for seconds and with no leftovers in their bowls.
Do you happen by chance to think of this dish baked? Well, if you believe so, it is not possible. This cheddar broccoli casserole is an entirely different version and style of cooking that words can't describe how good it is.
Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
This cheddar broccoli casserole has the same ingredients as with the regular cheesy broccoli soup, except for the addition of bacon and eggs added to the list of ingredients.
First is to blanch the broccoli florets for about 3-5 minutes until tender. While doing this, you can cook the bacon pieces in a separate pan.
Second, make the egg mixture while preheating the oven to 425°F. In a bowl, add together the whisked eggs into the flour with the cream and milk. Also, add black pepper, salt, and mustard to taste, mixing it with cheese.
Third, assemble the casserole by placing the blanched broccoli first, sprinkling it with cheese and bacon on top. Next is to pour all over the egg mixture into the pan, making sure all sides are equal then sprinkle the remaining cheese all over it.
Lastly, bake for 25 to 40 minutes or until set and ready. When the top is already brown and melted, it is now all set to serve.
Healthy varieties of Cheesy Broccoli Soup:
Looking at the name of this dish is enough for us to consider that this cheesy broccoli soup is nutritious! We are lucky enough that this healthy cheese broccoli soup has a heavenly perfect taste and, at the same time, gives us many excellent health benefits too. Here are some of the ingredients and reasons why this cheesy broccoli soup recipe is something that you would crave.
- Broccoli- with its tree-like and very green structure, this vegetable is a nutritional powerhouse of many vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Broccoli may help protect you against certain types of cancer, may aid with the blood sugar control because of the antioxidant and fiber content, and may support heart health in a variety of ways.
Moreover, broccoli also contains vitamin C for the immune system and promotes healthy digestion and reduced constipation, making it healthful and good for the gut.
- Cheese is a magic ingredient when upgrading a dish because of its versatility and delicious taste. Also, cheese contains vitamins such as vitamins A and B12. Likewise, this ingredient has minerals like zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin, which are all found in cheese, and essential for the body.
Not only that, because cheese is also a great source of calcium and protein, giving you a healthy bone, teeth, and skin. It may also help in lowering the blood pressure and reduce the risk of cancer.
- Butter- although it is high in calories and fat, it is also nutritious because it contains Vitamin A that is essential for the skin's health, immune function, and healthy vision.
Butter is commonly used as a spread, melted as a condiment and as ingredients in baking, pan-frying, and other cooking procedures because it gives the food a dominant yummy flavor.
- Milk- known for giving a creamier taste to different food recipes, milk is a lot more than you can ever imagine.
Milk is high in calcium that makes it suitable for the bones and teeth. It also has proteins that help repair muscle tissues. And lastly, with minerals and vitamins such as potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin D that helps maintain healthy blood pressure, generate energy, and strengthen bones.
Keto Cheddar Broccoli Soup
This keto cheddar broccoli soup is perfect for you if you want to offer a low-carb option for this cheesy broccoli soup. It has the same procedure as to how the soup is made but with other alternative ingredients to make it healthier.
Unlike the traditional ingredients this dish has, the keto cheddar broccoli soup has a thinner consistency because it does not have any thickening agents such as the flour. Instead, xanthan gum is used and added to thicken the soup a bit. Using different and fresher ingredients bring out flavors you might have missed before and improves the taste of the dish even more.
Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Why not make your regular cheesy broccoli soup with a healthier version? Yes, there is a decent version than the regular one. This vegan broccoli cheddar soup calls for attention and significant health benefits.
To make it vegan, instead of using the regular cheese bought in the groceries, you can use cashews and some seasonings instead. With this, you can still be able to achieve the creamy and cheesy texture of this dish.
Moreover, vegan chicken broth or vegetable broth of your choice can be used instead of the usual chicken broth. Fresh parsley and croutons (a piece of baked bread that is often cubed and added to vegan salads) add to the finished recipe.
Calories Cheddar Cheese
The calories cheddar cheese have in a single serving is about 114 calories. Cheese is an excellent source of calcium, protein, and other nutrients that help the body. Cheese consumption in food may help aid weight loss and can prevent heart diseases and osteoporosis giving you healthier bones and teeth.
Mistakes do happen, and sometimes your calculations when adding ingredients do not match up with the taste. It's okay as long as you keep yourself calm with these simple remedies that will surely help you.
- If your finish product doesn't seem to be thick in texture:
- try to mix more butter and flour to form a thick paste to add into the soup.
- Dissolve cornstarch then stir it into the soup.
- Try adding more cheese because it can also help thicken the texture and make it even creamier.
Trivia: Benefits of Broccoli
Did you know that broccoli is a low-carb vegetable with only 3.5g net carbs per cup? That is why broccoli and other recipes, including broccoli as an ingredient, make it an ideal choice for people who are looking for ketogenic foods or other low-carb diet food.
Similarly, being low in carbs, broccoli is also rich in fiber and nutrients. Broccoli is mostly composed of water (90%) and just around 4% of digestible carbohydrates.
Likewise, broccoli has two main types of carbohydrates, which are sugar and fiber. The sugar found in broccoli is the simple type (glucose, fructose, and sucrose), while the fiber in broccoli helps slow down the carb digestion.
Check out these tips to make your homemade cheesy broccoli soup taste even better.
- Smaller vegetable cuts can make your cooking time faster than before.
- If you prefer food or soup with a bit of spicy flavor, you can add a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes to add some heat.
- To avoid the milk to curdle, add the milk very slowly while stirring it continuously at the same time.
- Make sure that your cheese is all shredded before putting it in the mixture for it to melt quickly.
- Aside from cheddar cheese, there are many varieties of cheese to choose from that you can also use when making your cheesy broccoli soup.
- Cheesy broccoli soup can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if there are any leftovers. Just make sure that it is all cooled and covered before putting it inside the fridge.
Best Served With
Cheesy broccoli soup can be great appetizers, and of course, an add on to a meal. Listed below are some of the food we think is best to partner with our Cheesy Broccoli soup. Try them now, and make sure to tell us what your favorites are.
- Baked Stuffed potatoes - creamy as it can be with our cheesy broccoli soup, baked stuffed potatoes are perfect to match with it that can also serve as a substitute for rice or bread. Making it even a healthy choice and combination.
- Garlic bread is our regular favorite to serve with soup like our cheesy broccoli soup with garlic bread. It just completes the meal so perfectly and satisfying.
- Fried Chicken or Bacon- do you want some more protein on your cheesy broccoli soup? Fried chicken will save the day as it also goes delicious with your soup. Our Cheesy Broccoli soup is the best when topped with bacon, such a perfect combination.
- Rice Pilaf - To make you feel even better and satisfied, pour your Cheesy Broccoli soup on top of the rice.
- Crispy Tilapia Sticks - To complete a healthy and nutritious meal, Cheesy Broccoli soup plus crispy-fried fish is the perfect combination.
Now, if you're craving a bowl of Cheesy Broccoli soup, you don't have to go out to a well-known restaurant or hotel to have one. Don't think twice and cook your homemade broccoli and cheese soup now.
Let your family and your family enjoy a sumptuous and fancy meal because you now know how to make broccoli soup. This creamy, heavenly, and hearty, cheesy broccoli soup with healthy yet straightforward ingredients and packed with mouthwatering flavors will surely be your next favorite to go soup!
Cheesy broccoli soup is delicious and healthy. Make this nutritious soup now. It might be your new staple and comfort food. Make it happen now, and enjoy it with your family.
Get yourself ready to be rewarded with the best, most vibrant, creamiest, and most amazing cheesy broccoli soup you could ever have!
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
- 2 lbs Broccoli shredded
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 pc Onion large size, cubed
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Cheese grated
- 2 cups Evaporated or Fresh Milk
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup Cornstarch melted with water
- ½ cup Water
- Heat a casserole and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt.
- Add-in the garlic and cook until it becomes soft and brown.
- Then add the broccoli and chicken broth and milk.
- Put-in garlic powder, ground black pepper and cheese. Let them boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the melted cornstarch and stir well. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Share and enjoy!