Believe it or not, you crave for something extraordinarily creamy, right? However, the pressure of preparing such is killing you like crazy. So, it's high time that we help you learn how to cook Chicken Alfredo.
The creamy Alfredo is a delightful food that almost no one can resist. As if with just a single bite won't stop you from lingering on it. Sadly, most of us are afraid to recreate our version of homemade Chicken Alfredo.
So without further adieu, let's explore the secrets and wonders of this creamy overload. We're confident that as you learn how to cook Chicken Alfredo, you'll rush to post this on Facebook or Instagram. Yes, it's always fun to learn something new!
What is Chicken Alfredo
The origin of Chicken Alfredo dates back to around 1914 in Rome, Italy. Since the Europeans are fond of creamy dishes, we could not deny that man behind this recipe, and its name was also a European, no other than the Italian Alfredo Di Leo. Thus, the original extra-buttery version that Di Leo created has evolved and became the standard of Italian cuisines.
Later on, it becomes popular in the USA, where the Americans have recreated and incorporated their version and style of cooking it. Eventually, this dish refers to the chicken cooked and coated with an authentic sauce called Alfredo. Hence, coining the name "Chicken Alfredo."
What is Chicken Alfredo made of?
Since it is the sauce that makes this chicken dish so unique, let's uncover the secret ingredients.
- White sauce - Alfredo is a dreamy-creamy pan sauce made from butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano are also known as parmesan cheese. Half and half sauce as its a common nickname because the sauce is a combination of butter and cheese.
- Chicken Breast - To complete the alfredo recipe, we use chicken breast, for it's the meaty part. You coat the Chicken with the alfredo sauce making the meat crispy and tender when cooked. You might be wondering how delicious the combination of the juicy meat and creamy sauce could be.
- White Mushrooms - Aside from the excellent flavor in your thick pasta, white mushrooms are healthy ingredients containing nutrients that can help us have antioxidants that can fight cancer, promote heart health, and control blood sugar.
- Parsley - More than the flavors, this herb acts as garnishing to make your recipe both appealing in your eyes and stomach.
- Black Pepper and Salt - A pinch of these flavor enhancers compliments well with the sauce's creamy texture.
- Garlic and Onion - To rich a gourmet-like status, include beautifully chopped garlic and onions.
Ways to cook Chicken Alfredo
After unveiling the origin and ingredients, it is now time to share the different ways to cook Chicken Alfredo.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
If you only have a meager period, you can prepare the Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo. This cooking technology is remarkable for its versatility to perform lots of functions, including making the creamy alfredo sauce.
Baked Chicken Alfredo
When you think of enjoying your creamy sauce on a platter of pasta, why not try the Baked Alfredo recipe? Just separately prepare the alfredo sauce garnished with parsley and make it as a filling for lasagna or sauce over spaghetti pasta. Slowly cook it inside a preheated oven and patiently wait until you see the melting cheese.
Chicken Alfredo Casserole
If you're cooking for big appetites and think your pan is not enough, try preparing Chicken Alfredo Casserole. A casserole is a large deep pan, usually replacement for an ordinary sauteing container. The creamy sauce fits right in this cooking ware.
Grilled Chicken Alfredo
Is it possible to have a Grilled Chicken with Alfredo sauce? Of course, marinate the Chicken by its supposedly sauteing ingredients like black pepper, salt, sliced garlic, and onions. Hence, grill the chicken meat.
After separately preparing the white sauce and noodles, toss in the chicken meat and garnishing. Then, pour the well-mixed alfredo sauce with grilled chicken meat on your pasta or rice.
Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
You can also prepare the Crockpot Chicken Alfredo recipe nice and slow. The white sauce and Chicken are filled with spices. Before you put in the pasta or noodles, make sure that the sauce and chicken are nearly cooked. As a result, the rise in heat at the side of the pot indicates that food cooking is complete.
Pressure cooker Chicken Alfredo
If you prefer soft mouth-melting chicken meat, then employ Pressure Cooker Chicken Alfredo. Commonly, this cooking equipment is for softening meat. Since the alfredo sauce contains meaty chicken breast, there is no problem with a pressure cooker.
Although the alfredo recipe looks simple, it has different varieties that you can explore and try cooking. Here are those.
Chicken Alfredo Pasta
On top of our list is one of the classic and famous recipes, the Chicken Alfredo Pasta. This recipe features the original white sauce with chicken and garnishing spread all over a fettuccine pasta platter (flat noodles. Usually, the favorite spaghetti and carbonara recipe uses this kind of pasta, prevalent in most Roman cuisine.
To experience one of the sought-after recipes, you will need to prepare chicken breast, Fettuccine noodles, olive oil, unsalted butter, grated cheese, water, salt, pepper, paprika, minced garlic, and chopped parsley for the garnish.
Begin making the dish by cooking the Fettuccine noodles until you reach that al dente level. Simultaneously, waiting for your noodles to arrive at the al dente level, season the chicken with paprika, salt, and pepper. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan and add olive oil. Pan-fry the chicken for 3 minutes per side. Afterward, remove the chicken from the pan and slice into serving pieces. Let it rest.
For the alfredo sauce recipe, cook butter and garlic over medium heat until the garlic turns brown. Then add the cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Let it boil for another 5 minutes. When boiling, add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer into the serving plate. Put the chicken on the noodles and garnish with cheese and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
You'll feel the uncontrollable urge only by the looks of this attractive noodle dish. Most restaurants serve this alfredo noodle recipe together with pizzas and fried or roasted meat.
Next in line is one of the recipes perfect for seafood lovers and concurrently craving for the creamy filling, presenting the Alfredo with Shrimp. The white sauce chicken partnership has become more attractive by adding pre-fried shrimp because the sauce complements the juicy seafood.
To have a party with Alfredo with shrimp, you will need peeled shrimp, fettuccine pasta, butter, salt, and pepper. As for the alfredo sauce recipe, prepare butter, minced garlic, heavy cream, grated parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg, chopped parsley, and water.
To begin, season the peeled shrimp with salt and pepper in a bowl; after seasoning the shrimp, heat the butter in a pan and cook the shrimps until they turn pink. For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, then saute the garlic until it turns golden brown. Afterward, turn the heat level to low, put the heavy cream, and stir for 5 minutes. After doing so, add the grated parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and water. Mix all the ingredients until the sauce is thickened.
Add the noodles to the sauce and mix until they blend well together. Transfer into a large plate put the shrimps on the noodles, and put the finishing touches by sprinkling parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
The cuisine is one of the recipes good for pizza lovers. Craving for an all-Italian cuisine, make way for Chicken Alfredo Pizza. Instead of using the crimson tomato sauce as a base for your dough to stick toppings, the immaculate Alfredo creamy is both a sauce and toppings rolled into one.
In other words, this variation has proven how versatile the sauce is. If it has made the pasta exciting, then it can turn your favorite pizza into euphoria.
To experience chicken alfredo pizza, you will need to prepare butter, salt, pepper, minced garlic, baby spinach, mushrooms, heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, chicken breast, pre-baked pizza crust, and chopped parsley.
To begin making your pizza, melt the butter in a pan and saute the garlic until it turns golden brown. Afterward, put the heavy cream and cook for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, put salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Mix the ingredients until the mixture is thickened. Afterward, remove the mixture from the heat and add chopped parsley. On an ungreased baking sheet, place the pre-baked pizza crust with the cream mixture. Add the chicken breast, mushroom, baby spinach, and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit until the cheese is melted and the crust has turned golden brown. Afterward, serve and enjoy with your pals!
How does the Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti differ from the Alfredo pasta? It's the noodles because the former uses the traditional long and rounded noodles, while the latter uses fettuccine or the flat noodles. But the craving satisfaction is almost the same, for it also uses the same level of creaminess expected from an Alfredo cuisine.
To enjoy this cuisine, you need to prepare olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, minced garlic, heavy cream, chicken breast, spaghetti, and grated parmesan cheese. To begin, preheat the oven to around 205 degrees Celsius. While doing this, cook the spaghetti until you reach that al dente level.
On a skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the chicken breast until it turns golden brown. Once golden brown put the skillet in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes inside the oven:
- Chop the chicken breast, and let it rest.
- On a pan, simmer the heavy cream, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Once thickened, put the sliced chicken breast.
- Add the noodles and garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
Do not forget to share it with your family members!
The cuisine is one of the recipes for the people who love lasagna. As previously mentioned, it is a way to cook; Chicken Alfredo Lasagna is a cuisine that fits the cooking style. This variation uses the classic sauce as stuffing in each layer of nicely pre-cooked lasagna noodles on a baking pan. You place the garnished alfredo lasagna inside the oven once the preparation is complete.
Indeed, this is another version you will include in your bucket list. You can always look forward to treating yourself to this lovely dish.
To satisfy your gastronomic desire for lasagna, you need to prepare salt, pepper, lasagna noodles, spinach, alfredo-style sauce, chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese. You have to preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Afterward, cook the lasagna noodles until you reach the al dente level. In a separate pan, cook the spinach and drain it.
In a bowl, put the sauce and the chopped chicken breast and mix it. In another bowl, combine the spinach and ricotta cheese.
In a baking dish, put a layer of the lasagna noodle, pour the sauce mixture over the noodle, and spread evenly. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over, and cover with another layer of lasagna noodle. Repeat this process twice. Afterward, bake the lasagna for an hour. Do not forget to share it with your friends!
For spicy lovers, this is one of the recipes for you. If turning the heat up around is your culinary game, then Spicy Chicken Alfredo is your hottest ace. In the literal sense, you will add chili powder into the creamy sauce in this version. Also, mix it with more minced red bell pepper.
Imagine how the spiciness can blend with the creaminess of the sauce. You can also have it partnered with rice.
For vegetable lovers, this is one of the recipes good for you. Are you refraining from meat? Don't worry; you can still enjoy classic creamy recipes by learning how to make Vegan style Alfredo with Chicken. To make it vegan, we will remove the chicken meat. Despite that significant change, you can still call it by the original name.
For the diet-conscious, this is one of the recipes good for you. You can try the Keto Chicken recipe as an alternative when you prefer a healthy version without going full vegan. Keto diet aims to reduce carbohydrate consumption by replacing it with gluten-free or veggie-made noodles. Other than that, the features of a classic recipe remain.
Troubleshooting your Homemade Pasta Recipe
Errors may always happen in preparing a specially-made Alfredo dish. More often than not, the problem occurred in the sauce. For this reason, we listed some strategies to fix your recipe.
- If you lack parmesan cheese and butter, you can use heavy cream and milk.
- When the cream lacks taste, increase the cheese, butter, and salt.
- But when it turns out too salty, add cream and milk.
- If the sauce becomes watery, you can thicken it further by using heavy whipping cream.
Trivia about the Sauce and Pasta
How come that Alfredo sauce with fettuccine is so creamy considering that the white sauce comes only from butter and cheese? Well, the moisture released by fettuccine after cooking has starchy contents that mix well with butter and cheese. Then, this is what makes the alfredo sauce gooey and creamy.
Therefore, you need extra care and keenness to details to avoid the mishaps. Making the sauce and the noodles compatible is the secret to making this recipe a success. Kindly consider the tips listed below.
- Add olive oil and salt in the boiling water when you pre-cook the fettuccine to add moisture and avoid sticking in the pan. Let it stand for only less than 10 minutes so it won't become saggy.
- Also, add salt, pepper, and garlic powder further to enhance the savor of the creamy white sauce.
- Likewise, you may mix some flour into a cup of water and add it to the white sauce to make it thicker and floppy.
Best Serve With
As we reached this climax, it's just fitting and proper to think of other dishes you may eat together with our feature chicken with sauce recipe. Indeed, you will love this, especially when you're in the mood for going Italian in your lunch or dinner theme.
- Garlic Bread - the creaminess of the alfredo sauce compliments the garlic flavor of such food. And, dipping the dough into the sauce is yummier.
- Beef Broccoli - the healthy beef broccoli blends well with the creamy alfredo gourmet. The recipe has transformed into both delicious and nutritious as if a beauty queen with beauty and brains.
- Chop Suey - aside from broccoli, you can dress your abundant Chop Suey with the creamy chicken sauce.
- Fish Fillet - a well-dressed pasta with alfredo sauce is also a compatible match with crispy fried fish fillet.
- Macaroni Salad / Corn Salad - It is well and the best feeling ever by rewarding yourself with something creamy sweet after feasting on an alfredo recipe.
- Ice Cream - Creamy overload as you eat two of the creamiest foods, chicken alfredo, and your favorite ice cream! One scoop of ice cream satisfied your appetite more while eating this recipe.
- Buttered Toasted Bread - if you run out of garlic bread, butter toasted bread is your equally appealing substitute.
Honestly, this creamy dish is quite an excellent recipe. Almost everybody can't resist its charms once done, especially the exciting variations you can do. Imagine the burst of creaminess dominating inside your mouth.
Moreover, a meager budget won't bar you from preparing this meal since the ingredients are within reach. Plus, there are alternatives to use when the original main casts are not available when you make this. What matters most is that you can adapt ways and showcase your creativity in pulling off this dish.
Finally, learning how to cook the best Chicken Alfredo is a kind treat, particularly for your families and friends. Make no mistake to down yourself because we are confident that you can follow this recipe.
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Superb Chicken Alfredo Cuisine
- 2 lbs Chicken breast boneless
- 1 teaspoon Salt for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper for seasoning
- ⅓ teaspoon Paprika
- 5 cups Water
- 1 lb Fettuccine noodles
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Nestle cream
- 1 cup Cheesed grated
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Parsley minced
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions. Drain water and set aside.
- Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a pan. Add olive oil.
- Pan-fry chicken for 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the pan. Slice into serving pieces. Set aside.
- In another pan, cook butter and garlic over medium heat until garlic turns brown.
- Then add the cream, add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- When boiling, add-in the noodles and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer into serving plate. Put the chicken on top of the noodles, parsley and cheese.
- Serve while hot! Enjoy.