Best Chicken Paella Recipe
Rice is everything in Asia, and this menu is a combination of a side and main course served on one plate. Flavors and scent are irresistible and will satisfy your cravings.
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg Chicken breast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed into pieces
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 5 cups Water
- 2 pcs Onion medium
- 1 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 pc Green pepper medium and diced small
- 2 cups Rice uncooked
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 1/2 kg Clams
- 1/2 kg Shrimp
- 3 tbsp Cheese
- 2 pcs Lemon
- 1 bunch Parsley
- In a pot, pour 5 cups of water and boil the chicken, season it with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper. Cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the pot and set aside the chicken stock.
- Shred the boiled chicken into not so small pieces.
- In another pot, boil clams for 5 minutes or until clam shells opened. Set aside.
- Put the shrimp in a pan, and season it with salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat without water.
- After 10 minutes, add 1/2 tsp olive oil, and mix it for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, let it cool and shred the shrimp except for the tail. Set aside all the shrimp tails.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic until golden brown then add onion, bell pepper. Mix for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Now add paprika, ground black pepper, tomatoes, and green peas. Mix then pour the chicken stock into the large skillet.
- Bring to boil then add rice, season it with salt and saffron. Bring to boil and cover. Cook until rice grains are soft already.
- Now add half of the clams and shredded shrimp. Mix well.
- Transfer your dish into a large bowl then add the remaining clams and shrimp tails.
- Sprinkle it with parsley on top. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 894kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 95g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 492mg | Sodium: 2774mg | Potassium: 1596mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3218IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 369mg | Iron: 7mg